Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I amd considering living awy from home at university as it gives me a larger to selection to choose from but i was wondering how will i be able to continue playing the piano. Do any universities have a practise room or a piano to use and do they give lessons?

I am taking me diploma this year if that changes anything about teachers? I have played since i was 8 and I dont want to stop and let my playing suffer by going to uni.

ReputationRep:
    A few of the halls at Notts have a piano, and you can also 'book' to use the practise rooms in the music dept.

ReputationRep:
    Where are you going to university and what are you studying? At Cambridge you can have pianos in your room if you are a music student; you can have one as well if you're not, but you have to pay, and you need to get a ground floor room. There are practise rooms in college as well. At other unis I'd imagine they'd have practise rooms and so on too.

ReputationRep:
    How much does it cost?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bebop)
    How much does it cost?
    Can't remember, but quite a lot. I was thinking about it but decided against it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Womble548)
    I amd considering living awy from home at university as it gives me a larger to selection to choose from but i was wondering how will i be able to continue playing the piano. Do any universities have a practise room or a piano to use and do they give lessons?

I am taking me diploma this year if that changes anything about teachers? I have played since i was 8 and I dont want to stop and let my playing suffer by going to uni.
    Hey I want to continue my piano lessons also, but I'm going to london so getting a piano in my room is out of the question. I'm not really sure if I can continue it...anyone have an idea?

ReputationRep:
    I play the piano too and am going to just buy a full-size keyboard with headphones (so I dont annoy everyone else!!) so maybe you could do that? Not as good as a piano but might do!

Poll
Favourite type of bread
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.