Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I understand that there are 2 mandatory classes uniform to all Accounting and Finance students. In addition, there is a math course (chosen based on skill), along with an option as the fourth course. I was wondering when I will be selecting (if at all) the Math and optional courses.

ReputationRep:
    what the hell are u on about. someone please help us both!!xxx

ReputationRep:
    I believe you choose your options before you break off for summer?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sentooran)

If you want to do more Economics, more inclined for Maths and want to have a wider range of options for the next two years, then you should choose Mathematical Methods and Elementary Statistical Theory.

Hope this helps,

Sen
    Wow, so that would mean only Econs, Maths and Finance ? So much for diversity

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Johan C)
    Wow, so that would mean only Econs, Maths and Finance ? So much for diversity
    More like Econ, Maths and Accounting :p: The 'finance' portion of AC100 is minimal, it's only 3 weeks of lectures if I remember correctly. You won't be touching finance till you do Principles of Finance in your second year

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hongkongstudent)
    More like Econ, Maths and Accounting :p: The 'finance' portion of AC100 is minimal, it's only 3 weeks of lectures if I remember correctly. You won't be touching finance till you do Principles of Finance in your second year
    Umm all right then, but I'm a bit concerned about Sentooran's advice cause I love literature, languages, history and geography... not that I was expecting to be able to study those in AccFin (those modules aren't available, esp. literature :p:), but the prospect of doing nothing but maths, accounting and econs and more maths... Oh well, at least I can keep studying German and Spanish at the language centre

ReputationRep:
    Umm all right then, but I'm a bit concerned about Sentooran's advice cause I love literature, languages, history and geography... not that I was expecting to be able to study those in AccFin (those modules aren't available, esp. literature :p:), but the prospect of doing nothing but maths, accounting and econs and more maths... Oh well, at least I can keep studying German and Spanish at the language centre

John, that's pretty much the same with me. I love literature and writing. That's why I had to think very hard about choosing LSE over Harvard and Columbia as my first choice school. The reasoning was that I will be graduating from LSE in 3 years, trained both intellectually and professionally, which will undoubtedly give me a boost in the real world. After all, I won't be making too much money (if at all) analyzing Plato or writing an essay on postmodernism. You can go back to your literary passion AFTER you make sufficient amount of money. I am not shallow, but I realized that being financially stable will allow me to do more things later in my life.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aunt Jemima)
    John, that's pretty much the same with me. I love literature and writing. That's why I had to think very hard about choosing LSE over Harvard and Columbia as my first choice school. The reasoning was that I will be graduating from LSE in 3 years, trained both intellectually and professionally, which will undoubtedly give me a boost in the real world. After all, I won't be making too much money (if at all) analyzing Plato or writing an essay on postmodernism. You can go back to your literary passion AFTER you make sufficient amount of money. I am not shallow, but I realized that being financially stable will allow me to do more things later in my life.
    Spot on, exactly my thoughts - though I don't love literature quite enough to have considered working in that field. Indeed, you need the money before you can take it easy and do what you like (food for thought !).You sound interesting, we can talk next year

BTW it's Johan, not John lol

ReputationRep:
    Spot on, exactly my thoughts - though I don't love literature quite enough to have considered working in that field. Indeed, you need the money before you can take it easy and do what you like (food for thought !).You sound interesting, we can talk next year

BTW it's Johan, not John lol
    haha sorry Johan. Apparently, I can't read too well. Anyway, my name is Stephen ... or Etienne as they like to call me in French class (I don't know why. It sounds like ATM, so I like it).

ReputationRep:
    haha sorry Johan. Apparently, I can't read too well. Anyway, my name is Stephen ... or Etienne as they like to call me in French class (I don't know why. It sounds like ATM, so I like it).
    Stephen.. isn't that a male name?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Knogle)
    Stephen.. isn't that a male name?
    haha I knew this would occur. Yes, I am male. Aunt Jemima is the brand of the syrup I use for my breakfast each morning.

ReputationRep:
    haha I knew this would occur. Yes, I am male. Aunt Jemima is the brand of the syrup I use for my breakfast each morning.
    :rofl:

And all along, I've been mislead! :p: :grr:

ReputationRep:
    ATM ROFL man loool. So you're a guy ? I gotta say you fooled me too !

ReputationRep:
    ATM ROFL man loool. So you're a guy ? I gotta say you fooled me too !

Sorry to crush your fantasy man. I am as manly as one can get.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry to crush your fantasy man. I am as manly as one can get.
    Fortunately there was no fantasy ^^

ReputationRep:
    Fortunately there was no fantasy ^^

lol of course there wasn't. i was just playing.

ReputationRep:
    lol of course there wasn't. i was just playing.
    btw, do you go to philips andover academy?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmydoerre3)
    btw, do you go to philips andover academy?
    Yes I do. The official name is actually Phillips Academy, not to be confused with Phillips Exeter Academy, the failed attempt at duplicating the former. I'm surprised that you even know about it.

ReputationRep:
    Yes I do. The official name is actually Phillips Academy, not to be confused with Phillips Exeter Academy, the failed attempt at duplicating the former. I'm surprised that you even know about it.
    its not exactly underground u know, i mean the 2 phillips academies are like the eton of america. i think this is why i read a lot of complaints from british students regarding how foreign students at the LSE make it snobbish:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jimmydoerre3)
    its not exactly underground u know, i mean the 2 phillips academies are like the eton of america. i think this is why i read a lot of complaints from british students regarding how foreign students at the LSE make it snobbish:rolleyes:
    If I remember correctly, you said you live in the South. I thought only the east coast, new england people knew about boarding schools. Anyway, don't you worry, as I am not snobby (at least I don't think I am). Sometimes I do get proud of being a student here, especially now as I prepare to finish my 4-yr stay. The work is very demanding, so spending several years here without dropping out is considered a huge feat. Nonetheless, I would never talk about the school unless the subject is brought up by someone else. I don't want to give off a cocky image.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.