Turn on thread page Beta

hits and hates watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eleenia)
    hiya i'm doing a poll to see what everyone loves and hates at the moment e.g TV, Computer Games, Gadgets, Films, Actors, Celebs, magazines, books, Things that girls do/things that guys do, things that your mates do. That sort of thing... would be grateful for anyone who could whip me up a short list x x
    LOVES:

Louis Vuitton handbags, shoes, clothes, Brad Pitt , Finding Nemo, Red Magazine, Selfridges, Harry Potter books, Frank Sinatra, chocolate, chewy sweets, Friends, Russell & Bromley shoes, Kingdom Hearts PS2 game, Colin Firth, Jill Mansell books, shopping in London, Jaguar XKR's... can't think of any more!

HATES:

Trashy newspapers, people who use text speak ( :mad: ), Lord of the Rings, rude people, soaps, winter weather, liquorice, Busted, Psychology coursework, New Look, running out of money, waiting so long to go to University...

ReputationRep:
    LOVES

Mochas served in a GLASS! Lace- lots of lace, femme styles of clothing, Manolo Blahnik shoes, black stockings and the very savvy woman poet of the late 19th c. Russian Anna Akhmatova.

HATES
    The whole Sportswear as fashion movement, you know what I mean, Trackie-dacks with high-heels.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    LOVES

Nicole Kidman>> LOVVVVVVVE her.,Hipster jeans, vintage cars al la Jaguar. Flat purses (which you cant fit a thing into, but they look good)
    Tom Ford and his shoes, Wayne Cooper and his fantastic winter 60's coats, Jasmine Tea (ive started another revolution with this little beauty). The Simple Life (theres just something about Paris Hilton which makes me laugh) Aftershave on guys, LONG HAIR ON GUYS- I cant stress this enough, long hair for guys is IN and oh my god does it look fantastic!
    omg, long hair on men is soooooo sexy, but when it looks like it's natural (eg not like the manager from the salon whatever his name is)...it loks particularly hot when there's no parting and it's just kind of 'flung' to one side, a lad i know uses that invisible gel stuff, u no the advert 'feels like water etc.' think it was l'oreal.....but anyway yeh! long hair on guys rules!

HATES

Fake tans, Louis Vuitton's Murakachi bags, the revival of eighties haristyles, Mini Coopers, Gerorge Bush, John Howard, politicans in general, politics, Lycra fabric.
    No i disagree with u there on the fake tans...you can't beat it, a good fake tan that is...not orangatan. Those tanning booths are amazing plus it doesn't damamge your skin. I love mini coopers, they're so different - the nation was crying out for a useable version of the cute little mini, but yes, i do hate lycra...especially fat women in those lycra leggiings.

ReputationRep:
    erm...my fellow repping buddy ... where is your list? x
    repping buddy? hey i gave you rep fair and square for a comedy post yesterday. intentional rep swapping is not cool, careful with your phrasing there

i shall do a list at some point, give me time to formulate loves and hates.

ReputationRep:
    Yay... Heat is the best! have you read this weeks? what do you think of peter and jordan? Also what sites on the internet do you love? (apart from uk learning do-da of course). And music loves?
    Jamie cullum, jamelia, avril lavign....they're not particularly huge but their music has great lyrics and they all have amazing voices

ReputationRep:
    I suppose, but i live in the most sunny part of Australia and you can sooo tell those pale siknned people who have fake tans, and when they stand next to some chick who has just come off the beach they dotn look so hot.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by suz19)
    LOVES:

Louis Vuitton handbags, shoes, clothes, Brad Pitt , Finding Nemo, Red Magazine, Selfridges, Harry Potter books, Frank Sinatra, chocolate, chewy sweets, Friends, Russell & Bromley shoes, Kingdom Hearts PS2 game, Colin Firth, Jill Mansell books, shopping in London... can't think of any more!

HATES:

Trashy newspapers, people who use text speak ( :mad: ), Lord of the Rings, rude people, soaps, winter weather, liquorice, Busted, Psychology coursework, New Look, running out of money, waiting so long to go to University...
    ta hun what places in london do you shop? Do hit oxord street, cov garden or any cool markets? What shops does everyone love? x

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Sasha D)
    Jamie cullum, jamelia, avril lavign....they're not particularly huge but their music has great lyrics and they all have amazing voices
    not questioning your taste in music, but have you heard avril lavigne live? on totp or something? shes not much more than a pretty face when you consider her musical talent.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    repping buddy? hey i gave you rep fair and square for a comedy post yesterday. intentional rep swapping is not cool, careful with your phrasing there

i shall do a list at some point, give me time to formulate loves and hates.
    oooh get you! i wasn't suggesting that we had some kind of clandestine cash for repping deal going on i was just acknowledging your greatness for repping me. x

ReputationRep:
    TV

love
    -friends
    -sex and the city...i can't belive it's nearly over
    -ER
    -the simpsons
    -garth merngues dark place
    -black books, when it returns

in the middle
    -will and grace

hate
    -frasier
    -coronation street
    -brookside
    -sataday morning shows

ReputationRep:
    I dont get it, whats all this Rep stuff?

ReputationRep:
    ta hun what places in london do you shop? Do hit oxord street, cov garden or any cool markets? What shops does everyone love? x
    If I'm doing a lowish budget shop I'll stick to Oxford Street mainly but if I'm in London to treat myself or just to look around I'll go to Oxford Street for Selfridges then head to Sloane Street. You can't beat a store that gives you a glass of champagne while you shop!

ReputationRep:
    Oh man! Will and Grace is on my LOVES list! Makes me wish every day i was closer to my gay best friend so he could take me shopping.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Everdawn)
    I suppose, but i live in the most sunny part of Australia and you can sooo tell those pale siknned people who have fake tans, and when they stand next to some chick who has just come off the beach they dotn look so hot.
    I getya. If people invest though, you can't really tell the difference. I think you have merely come into contact with too many orangatans...the cheap nasty stuff basically.

ReputationRep:
    oooh get you! i wasn't suggesting that we had some kind of clandestine cash for repping deal going on i was just acknowledging your greatness for repping me. x
    much obliged! keep up the general comedy, we have lacked truely comical posts of late.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ]{ingnik)
    not questioning your taste in music, but have you heard avril lavigne live? on totp or something? shes not much more than a pretty face when you consider her musical talent.
    Shes not all that good live (from what i've heard on the filming of live concerts etc) i'm speaking purely about thier albums here, obviously there's different artists i like, i just meant the fact that alot of their songs are quite menaingful

ReputationRep:
    omg, long hair on men is soooooo sexy, but when it looks like it's natural (eg not like the manager from the salon whatever his name is)...it loks particularly hot when there's no parting and it's just kind of 'flung' to one side, a lad i know uses that invisible gel stuff, u no the advert 'feels like water etc.' think it was l'oreal.....but anyway yeh! long hair on guys rules!

No i disagree with u there on the fake tans...you can't beat it, a good fake tan that is...not orangatan. Those tanning booths are amazing plus it doesn't damamge your skin. I love mini coopers, they're so different - the nation was crying out for a useable version of the cute little mini, but yes, i do hate lycra...especially fat women in those lycra leggiings.
    what are these tanning booths that don't damage your skin? incidentally i'd just like to tell everyone about my horrific experience of using the other sort of sunbeds.... they've damaged my eyes for life.... so its san tropez all the way (unless your lucky enough to live in Oz!!)

ReputationRep:
    Love
    - i think i'll love monalisa smile in the future
    I can't wait to see Mona Lisa Smile- it's out next Thursday and it looks really good!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i love Jamie and Jamelia ... jamelia's really feisty too she says whatever she thinks about her fellow celebrities. Amy Winehouse is the same but i think she might be a bit of a gobsh*te.

ReputationRep:
    what are these tanning booths that don't damage your skin? incidentally i'd just like to tell everyone about my horrific experience of using the other sort of sunbeds.... they've damaged my eyes for life.... so its san tropez all the way (unless your lucky enough to live in Oz!!)
    A tanning booth is where you stand (in a booth) and a mist of fake tan is sprayed onto your skin. Even and gives a lovely finish....it's pretty hard to do a Ross (the episode in friends anyone....?) though it WAS hialrious.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.