Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys! I was wondering if you guys could help me with something, I am Norwegian student who has just accepted Economics at City University as my firm choice throuh ucas. But i have a dilemma as i am starting to panick on whether i made a mistake. I have been reading rather negative comments about the uni here on the forums, so i was wondering wheter its possible to transfer uni's after the first year in case i hate it, as everyone else seems to. And how about the other London uni's, such as queen mary or royal holloway? I got in my AAC A- Levels, so is it possible?

Any reply would be much appriciated thnx xox

ReputationRep:
    Don't worry too much about negative comments on here. Everyone on here seems to stereotype universities, so I wouldn't worry.

City & economics isn't a bad choice. So don't worry too much.

Royal Holloway & Queen Mary are also both established good universities (not sure about RH for economics), so weigh up the odds of what you want out of a university. City isn't a bad Uni for econmoics

ReputationRep:
    Yes, it is possible to transfer directly to the second year at another university. However you should contact the university in question to discuss with the tutor their admissions policy, especially if you intend to apply directly to the second year.

ReputationRep:
    Yep I did exactly that, spent a year at City and transferred so it is entirely possible

ReputationRep:
    Can i ask what uni you transfered to? And how did you go about doing it?

ReputationRep:
    say i start queen mary this year for law..could i transfer to another uni in london next sep? having been rejcted by kings ans soas?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by richie_009)
    say i start queen mary this year for law..could i transfer to another uni in london next sep? having been rejcted by kings ans soas?
    Well put it this way - I wouldn't be quitting QMUL to go SOAS. But then the same would apply if I was at SOAS, I wouldn't be quitting SOAS to go QMUL.

I'm not sure in regards to Law. There are some people in my dept (QM) who have come from Kent, Essex, Sussex all after the first year to join QM. 2 people left the department from QM last year to go elsewhere (I think 1 actually failed lol).

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Aida19)
    Can i ask what uni you transfered to? And how did you go about doing it?
    I transfered to LSE and all it took was filling out the UCAS application form

ReputationRep:
    With the whole transferring procedure, are there usually conditions you have to meet in order to transfer? I ask because i got rejected from my 1st choice uni UCL but i got accepted at my 2nd and 3rd choice uni's city and goldsmiths. I may be interested in transferring from City to UCL after the first year depending on how i find my first year at City. I'm studying psychology. Would this be possible to do?

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    yeh i would want to know say i complete my 1st yr at queen mary and wnt to trnasfer elsewhere in london as in soas or kings is it possible, providing i was rejcted by them this yr

ReputationRep:
    you would have to contact the unis and see if they accept direct second year entry, if they do they will be expecting very good first year exam results ! but first year entry is totally possible, you will be judged against their normal entry requirements

ReputationRep:
    If you begin your first year at uni this september, when would you apply to transfer to another uni?

ReputationRep:
    ok thanks naddles. have to make sure i boss the first year then! so i wouldn't have to go through any other procedures than contacting the unis would i?

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    no problem marty, yeah just give it everything you've got! but if you do decide to transfer, get your UCAS appication in as soon as possible and indicate you're going for second year. City uni were very helpful when it comes to transferring so speak to your personal tutor about it as well.

Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.