Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

What's your favourite form of Motor Sport? watch

• View Poll Results: What's your favourite form of Motor Sport?
    F1
    44.44%
    WRC (Rally)
    33.33%
    NASCAR
    0%
    Drag Racing
    0%
    Moto GP (Motorcyle)
    0%
    Le Mans (Endurance)
    3.70%
    Go-Kart
    0%
    Touring Cars
    18.52%

ReputationRep:
    Well, the title says it all.

For me, it has to be WRC. Though I've never really done rallying, it is one of the few motorsports that I actually enjoy watching, and that I KNOW I'd enjoy driving. F1 has never interested me, it's just too boring to watch. Even worse for NASCAR. Though I love drag racing, I only enjoy actually racing. It's gets SOOO boring to watch. Even in person, it gets boring after a couple of runs. Even with the big boys. Unless of course you have some interest into who or what is racing. But that can be said with anything really.

ReputationRep:
    F1, it has got a little boring recently, but this season looks a lot better than the last couple!

Drag racing is also cool, altho gets a bit repetitive!

Graham

ReputationRep:
    I just don't like races that go around a damn track over and over again for hours on end. I like races that are neck and neck a lot of the time. I suppose that's one of the bad things about WRC, is that the cars aren't really racing each other, but racing the clock most of the time. That's one good thing about drag racing though, it's direct one-on-one competition most of the time. And that it's so frickin' high paced and 'blink-of-an-eye'.

Still, I think I would enjoy racing rally cars the most.

ReputationRep:
    World and British Superbikes, then Moto GP.

Free Corporate box at Donington.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by simeon)
    World and British Superbikes, then Moto GP.

Free Corporate box at Donington.
    Definitely would have to be the V8s! Nothing is better then a Sunday afternoon relaxing in front of the TV watching the V8s fly around the track.... oh the suspense, the thrills and the spills!

ReputationRep:
    Not sure WRC is amazing, and probably requires the most skill. I haven't been with it recently, very restricted nowadays, but at least its safe. No more 400BHP monsters ploughing down hills into hairpins

Touring cars are good, mainly because competition is tight and there not scared of touching each other like in F1.

The GT races are also good, why they're 2nd on the bill to WTCC at every event i'll never know

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    Touring cars are good, mainly because competition is tight and there not scared of touching each other like in F1.
    Exactly, touring cars are such a laugh to watch. They're my fave.

ReputationRep:
    Has to be F1. Love it, though I don't like the engine change regulations.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah like WRC its been regulated alot. I think there was a year in the 70's where over 10 drivers died

ReputationRep:
    def. F1, when its at its most competitive it's easily the best form of motorsport.

ReputationRep:
    I don't get the whole F1 obsession anymore. I used to be a massive fan in the 90s (big D.Hill fan ) but eventually I saw more excitement in watching Moto GP or touring cars simply because they featured more overtakes (and two races for the price of one).

Yes F1 is the most glamorous, and thats maybe a big factor. It's also amongst the fastest but you really don't get a sense of the speed from watching, unless you were there in person or actually taking part. F1 is also probably the most technologically advanced in terms of automotive component design, materials, crazy engines, but again, that doesn't affect the viewing experience much.

[/rant] Ahhh.

ReputationRep:
    I like touring cars but back in the good old days when they were proper cars like the Volvo estates :laugh:, not little hatchback boxes like now.

ReputationRep:
    WRC/Rallying first, Touring cars second. For some reason I don't actually like F1 that much.

ReputationRep:
    WRC is probably the toughest. They finish the race even if they have to drag the damn car 5 miles to the finish line! I saw a wheel fly off once, the navi held himself out the opposite window to try and balance it and keep the hub/brakes from grinding! This was on the street section! :cool:

ReputationRep:
    I like touring cars but back in the good old days when they were proper cars like the Volvo estates , not little hatchback boxes like now.
    WTCC has good cars, Alfa's and BMW 5 series

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gotaprob)
    def. F1, when its at its most competitive it's easily the best form of motorsport.
    That's exactly why it's my number 1.

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    Over 100 views and 17 votes... :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    WRC - as I believe that what your watching is the best driving you're ever likely to see. F1 is great and would be my 2nd choice, but the WRC I just feel is that bit more entertaining and shows the viewer more on what they have to do with their cars.

ReputationRep:
    There's just too much BS in F1. Not that there isn't in other motor sports, but F1 must be the worst.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by snmichaels)
    There's just too much BS in F1. Not that there isn't in other motor sports, but F1 must be the worst.
    Too much BS and not enough Murray Walker as I remember, that James Allen is so bad at commentating.

Shame they don't feature rookie banger racing on the telly much, thats something we all could easily take part in plus its good fun to watch although the tracks are usually *yawn* oval.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 16, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.