What's your favourite form of Motor Sport? Watch

Poll: What's your favourite form of Motor Sport?
F1 (12)
44.44%
WRC (Rally) (9)
33.33%
NASCAR (0)
0%
Drag Racing (0)
0%
Moto GP (Motorcyle) (0)
0%
Le Mans (Endurance) (1)
3.7%
Go-Kart (0)
0%
Touring Cars (5)
18.52%
snmichaels
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Well, the title says it all.

For me, it has to be WRC. Though I've never really done rallying, it is one of the few motorsports that I actually enjoy watching, and that I KNOW I'd enjoy driving. F1 has never interested me, it's just too boring to watch. Even worse for NASCAR. Though I love drag racing, I only enjoy actually racing. It's gets SOOO boring to watch. Even in person, it gets boring after a couple of runs. Even with the big boys. Unless of course you have some interest into who or what is racing. But that can be said with anything really.
gbduo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
F1, it has got a little boring recently, but this season looks a lot better than the last couple!

Drag racing is also cool, altho gets a bit repetitive!

Graham
snmichaels
Rep:
?
I just don't like races that go around a damn track over and over again for hours on end. I like races that are neck and neck a lot of the time. I suppose that's one of the bad things about WRC, is that the cars aren't really racing each other, but racing the clock most of the time. That's one good thing about drag racing though, it's direct one-on-one competition most of the time. And that it's so frickin' high paced and 'blink-of-an-eye'.

Still, I think I would enjoy racing rally cars the most.
simeon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
World and British Superbikes, then Moto GP.

Free Corporate box at Donington.
pritnep
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by simeon)
World and British Superbikes, then Moto GP.

Free Corporate box at Donington.
Definitely would have to be the V8s! Nothing is better then a Sunday afternoon relaxing in front of the TV watching the V8s fly around the track.... oh the suspense, the thrills and the spills!
OMGWTF
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not sure WRC is amazing, and probably requires the most skill. I haven't been with it recently, very restricted nowadays, but at least its safe. No more 400BHP monsters ploughing down hills into hairpins

Touring cars are good, mainly because competition is tight and there not scared of touching each other like in F1.

The GT races are also good, why they're 2nd on the bill to WTCC at every event i'll never know
black_mamba
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by OMGWTF)
Touring cars are good, mainly because competition is tight and there not scared of touching each other like in F1.
Exactly, touring cars are such a laugh to watch. They're my fave.
*soph*
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Has to be F1. Love it, though I don't like the engine change regulations.
OMGWTF
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah like WRC its been regulated alot. I think there was a year in the 70's where over 10 drivers died
Gotaprob
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
def. F1, when its at its most competitive it's easily the best form of motorsport.
black_mamba
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't get the whole F1 obsession anymore. I used to be a massive fan in the 90s (big D.Hill fan ) but eventually I saw more excitement in watching Moto GP or touring cars simply because they featured more overtakes (and two races for the price of one).

Yes F1 is the most glamorous, and thats maybe a big factor. It's also amongst the fastest but you really don't get a sense of the speed from watching, unless you were there in person or actually taking part. F1 is also probably the most technologically advanced in terms of automotive component design, materials, crazy engines, but again, that doesn't affect the viewing experience much.

[/rant] Ahhh.
Kingspharm
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I like touring cars but back in the good old days when they were proper cars like the Volvo estates :laugh:, not little hatchback boxes like now.
Ryan
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
WRC/Rallying first, Touring cars second. For some reason I don't actually like F1 that much.
snmichaels
Rep:
?
WRC is probably the toughest. They finish the race even if they have to drag the damn car 5 miles to the finish line! I saw a wheel fly off once, the navi held himself out the opposite window to try and balance it and keep the hub/brakes from grinding! This was on the street section! :cool:
OMGWTF
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I like touring cars but back in the good old days when they were proper cars like the Volvo estates , not little hatchback boxes like now.
WTCC has good cars, Alfa's and BMW 5 series
xavier2k3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Gotaprob)
def. F1, when its at its most competitive it's easily the best form of motorsport.
That's exactly why it's my number 1.

regards
--marty
snmichaels
Rep:
?
Over 100 views and 17 votes... :rolleyes:
Né Stig
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
WRC - as I believe that what your watching is the best driving you're ever likely to see. F1 is great and would be my 2nd choice, but the WRC I just feel is that bit more entertaining and shows the viewer more on what they have to do with their cars.
snmichaels
Rep:
?
There's just too much BS in F1. Not that there isn't in other motor sports, but F1 must be the worst.
black_mamba
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by snmichaels)
There's just too much BS in F1. Not that there isn't in other motor sports, but F1 must be the worst.
Too much BS and not enough Murray Walker as I remember, that James Allen is so bad at commentating.

Shame they don't feature rookie banger racing on the telly much, thats something we all could easily take part in plus its good fun to watch although the tracks are usually *yawn* oval.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (188)
52.51%
No (170)
47.49%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise