Hi, I've tried searching for this but my question is situation-specific so I couldn't really find what I was looking for.
I've decided I need to defer my entry to 07, though I applied for 06. However, I'm still waiting on replies from two unis. One of these would likely be my firm if I am accepted, but I'm also very happy with one of the offers I already received.
I have seen people advise that you should request deferred entry as soon as possible. So, my question is: would it be best to ask the unis now if they will defer my entry, or should I wait until they give me a decision? I don't know if asking for deferred entry could somehow impact their decision...
Any help appreciated, thanks!
I'd wait until you actually get an offer from the university before you send in a request for deferment.
Yeah I agree with Knogle, its probably 'safer' to ask to defer after you've actually got an offer. But bear in mind that they don't have to defer your offer if they don't want to.