Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hey there, i wonder if you guys can help me. I have the BT Voyager 2500V as of yesterday permitting me download speeds at 8MB. However, since upgrading to the new router, my BitTornado program which i use to download torrents doesn't really engage any decent speed above 20kb/s and the light stays on yellow as opposed to moving to green.

The message for a permanent yellow light is: "You have not received any incoming connections from others. It may only be because no one has tried. If you never see the status light turn green, it may indicate your system is behind a firewall or proxy server. Please look into routing BitTorrent through your firewall in order to receive the best possible download rate."

Before setting up the new router, i had a normal USB modem where i could download at 2MB and there was no problem in the light going green.

So...any suggestions? Rep at stake!

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    Can you get to the routers set up page? You should be able to by connecting to your host name in your browser (Usually 192.168.0.1)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by OMGWTF)
    Can you get to the routers set up page? You should be able to by connecting to your host name in your browser (Usually 192.168.0.1)
    Yeh i can...what should i do once there?

regards
    --marty

ReputationRep:
    See if theres port forwarding settings, or firewall settings

ReputationRep:
    Ah, i can't configure the router until my service is activated completely apparently. i couldn't log-on before and i've just been informed that there's been a delay in the processing of my bt broadband talk so until that comes through, my username and password won't work...i'll post again when it does if i'm still having a problem. Thanks.

regards
    --marty

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

This forum is supported by:
Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.