Mishcon de Reya
Lewis Silkin
Penningtons

This waiting game is killing me!
anyone heard from:

addleshaw goddard
irwin mitchell

?
also i was a bit slow on the application this year due to other commitments during my final year but was wondering peoples thoughts on applying for more applications now just before the deadline?
im worried the late applying will look really bad :s-smilie: however i did get a first from a top ten uni and have done tons of extra curric roles etc (hence lack of time during the year).
desperate for funding for the GDL so a TC is v. important to me and anxiety is starting to set in...

also any advice for:
DWF
Walker Morris
Pinsent Masons apps?
im still keen to apply to them before wednesday.

will reward any advice with endless gratitude and baskets of fruit
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by Member222
Has anyone heard anything from:

FFW (after having passed both tests)
Mishcon de Reya
Lewis Silkin
Penningtons

Hi there

I haven't heard from FFW after passing both tests. I took them two weeks ago. I heard from Mishcon today about a telephone interview.

Has anyone been through a Mishcon telephone interview? What should I prepare for?
Original post by Member222
Has anyone heard anything from:

FFW (after having passed both tests)
Mishcon de Reya
Lewis Silkin
Penningtons

I've heard nothing from Penningtons. Although a friend of mine has her interview with Lewis Silkin tomorrow.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 584
Ashurst PFO
Mayer Brown PFO

Also, quick question. I just graduated from Uni a couple of weeks ago with a law degree. Am I eligible to apply for a TC at Herbert Smith? It's not entirely clear. I sent an app, passed the situational judgment and am wondering whether it's worth doing the verbal and logical unless I'm sure that I'm eligible.

Thank you.
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by paraweasel
Hi there

I haven't heard from FFW after passing both tests. I took them two weeks ago. I heard from Mishcon today about a telephone interview.

Has anyone been through a Mishcon telephone interview? What should I prepare for?

well done on Mishcon:smile: when did you apply?
Original post by lloydy
Ashurst PFO
Mayer Brown PFO

Also, quick question. I just graduated from Uni a couple of weeks ago with a law degree. Am I eligible to apply for a TC at Herbert Smith? It's not entirely clear. I sent an app, passed the situational judgment and am wondering whether it's worth doing the verbal and logical unless I'm sure that I'm eligible.

Thank you.

Mh I agree its not entirely clear whether "finalists and graduates" also includes law graduates. Either way I would suggest that you do the tests and see it as an exercise for future tests of this kind.... You may also call graduate recruitment anonymously and ask (even though they are probably currently getting lots of calls and may not be entirely happy about this). However, I think it wont hamper future applications if you now get rejected on a formality.
Maybe someone else has a view on this?
Reply 587
Original post by the punter
Mh I agree its not entirely clear whether "finalists and graduates" also includes law graduates. Either way I would suggest that you do the tests and see it as an exercise for future tests of this kind.... You may also call graduate recruitment anonymously and ask (even though they are probably currently getting lots of calls and may not be entirely happy about this). However, I think it wont hamper future applications if you now get rejected on a formality.
Maybe someone else has a view on this?

Thank you. Yes, if someone else has an idea what's going on with Herbert Smith apps..?
Hello:smile: hope everyone's applications are going well! I was just wondering how many applications people have made?
Rejection from Freeth Cartwright... Poo.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Lawyer2bgirl
well done on Mishcon:smile: when did you apply?

Applied late May. Got it tomorrow! Not sure what to expect!
Original post by Certified_S
Rejection from Freeth Cartwright... Poo.

Posted from TSR Mobile

which route did you go for ?? flexi, straight route or legal assistant route ?
Original post by Lawyer2bgirl
Hello:smile: hope everyone's applications are going well! I was just wondering how many applications people have made?

1 ... your mums firm! :ahee:

quite a few although I'm second year and they were more just to test the water. I feel third year will be the final push!
Reply 593
Hi,

newbie here! I've been lurking for a while so thought I'd join in. Glad to see people are finally hearing some news.

I've submitted around ten applications (been applying since the beginning of June gradually) and have yet to hear anything from anybody. Hopefully no news is good news :frown:

Quick question for those who have applied to Field Fisher Waterhouse, how do you know you passed the Logical Reasoning test? Did you get an email to confirm? I passed the VR and did my LR test this weekend but haven't had anything since.

Also has anyone been instantly rejected by CMS Cameron McKenna immediately after doing the VR test? I finished that this weekend but haven't heard any news so I was wondering whether my application was being considered now or whether there was just a backlog - after passing the VR for FFW I didn't think my CMS one went very well, which would be a shame as I spent so long on the application hoping to reach AC.

Thanks :smile: I'll keep everyone updated if I hear from anybody!
Reply 594
Original post by tcdesperado
anyone heard from:

addleshaw goddard
irwin mitchell

?
also i was a bit slow on the application this year due to other commitments during my final year but was wondering peoples thoughts on applying for more applications now just before the deadline?
im worried the late applying will look really bad :s-smilie: however i did get a first from a top ten uni and have done tons of extra curric roles etc (hence lack of time during the year).
desperate for funding for the GDL so a TC is v. important to me and anxiety is starting to set in...

also any advice for:
DWF
Walker Morris
Pinsent Masons apps?
im still keen to apply to them before wednesday.

will reward any advice with endless gratitude and baskets of fruit

Seeing as I got rejected from all the others my advice is useless, but Walker Morris are very VERY keen on people who are 100% committed to Leeds and are clear on why they like Yorkshire & want to live there. I'm from Essex/London originally and got asked about it 4/5 times in the whole process, so it's definitely a deal-breaker.

Also they really like social people, on the VS we went out 3/4 nights, so they mentioned that on my app I had done things like be on Social Committee etc. So don't exclude things just because it sounds like something that you only do to get drunk - weirdly they like that.

Generally, my advice would be to send apps, even though it's late in the day. I got a couple of interviews last year based on 31 July applications. Always worth a shot. Some would say don't do a cack-handed last-minute effort if you want to have a chance next year, but that's exactly what I did for WM and it seems to have worked out OK!
Reply 595
Hi guys,

bit late in the game joining this but hey ho :smile: has anyone had an interview at Freeth Cartwright yet? Im just doing my final preparation and I'm finding it hard to pinpoint what I should focus on. Any ideas?

Totally understand if no one wants to point me in the right direction

Thanks x x x
Reply 596
Original post by traineeb
Hi,

newbie here! I've been lurking for a while so thought I'd join in. Glad to see people are finally hearing some news.

I've submitted around ten applications (been applying since the beginning of June gradually) and have yet to hear anything from anybody. Hopefully no news is good news :frown:

Quick question for those who have applied to Field Fisher Waterhouse, how do you know you passed the Logical Reasoning test? Did you get an email to confirm? I passed the VR and did my LR test this weekend but haven't had anything since.

Also has anyone been instantly rejected by CMS Cameron McKenna immediately after doing the VR test? I finished that this weekend but haven't heard any news so I was wondering whether my application was being considered now or whether there was just a backlog - after passing the VR for FFW I didn't think my CMS one went very well, which would be a shame as I spent so long on the application hoping to reach AC.

Thanks :smile: I'll keep everyone updated if I hear from anybody!

I did both the VR and LR test this weekend. About 15 minutes after completing the LR I got an email saying congratulations on passing and your app will now be passed on to a partner to review. Double check all your emails and check on apply4law just incase the email got lost. However, without wanting to be the barer of bad news, if you haven't received said email you may not have passed the test.
Reply 597
Original post by GVLP
I did both the VR and LR test this weekend. About 15 minutes after completing the LR I got an email saying congratulations on passing and your app will now be passed on to a partner to review. Double check all your emails and check on apply4law just incase the email got lost. However, without wanting to be the barer of bad news, if you haven't received said email you may not have passed the test.

Brill, thanks for the heads up!

I know I haven't passed that test and if I did it was a fluke, I just am one of those people that cannot do those shape tests they really are horrendous I just don't get them?!?
Reply 598
Original post by traineeb

I know I haven't passed that test and if I did it was a fluke, I just am one of those people that cannot do those shape tests they really are horrendous I just don't get them?!?

I think FFW waited a day or two before letting me know I'd failed the inductive (along with a sliiightly patronising reccommendation that I contact my careers advisor for further practice). I seriously can't do inductive reasoning to save my life. In that and in every practice I did I was genuinely making random guesses and picking whatever was most aesthetically pleasing to me.

Call me cocky but I don't necessarily think my ability to guess the next shape in a sequence means that I'm going to be a terrible solicitor so I'm pretty okay with it really.
Original post by woody-wood
which route did you go for ?? flexi, straight route or legal assistant route ?

Both straight TC and legal assistant. I submitted my application late June, got the rejection for the legal assistant position within 2-3 weeks and the TC this morning.

Not too fussed though as after all ... I don't actually have any legal experience and have therefore only applied for two TC's this year. The next academic year whilst studying my GDL will be the stressful year of training contract applications for me ... Or the year after :/

Quick Reply

Latest