Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Has anybody got any ideas on this essy 'Assess the importance of War Communism'.

I have:
    -Couldn't have been great as it failed and was replaced.
    -Why it was introduced in the first place.
    -It was a more authoritarian policy, leading on to wether it was an economic policy or a set of desperate measures intended to win the civil war at any cost.
    -Remained an underlying strategy that was revived in the Stanlinist period.
    -Requesitioning, combined with a 7 year war and a severe drought caused between 3 and 10 million deaths.
    -Contributed to the Kronstadt rising which, went on to change economic policy.

Thankyou.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by tomtheone)
    Has anybody got any ideas on this essy 'Assess the importance of War Communism'.

I have:
    -Couldn't have been great as it failed and was replaced.
    -Why it was introduced in the first place.
    -It was a more authoritarian policy, leading on to wether it was an economic policy or a set of desperate measures intended to win the civil war at any cost.
    -Remained an underlying strategy that was revived in the Stanlinist period.
    -Requesitioning, combined with a 7 year war and a severe drought caused between 3 and 10 million deaths.
    -Contributed to the Kronstadt rising which, went on to change economic policy.

Thankyou.
    firstly if you are talking in context of bolsheviks, it was not a 100 % failure. it allowed them to win the civil war.

introduced, to feed the army. they talk all grain from peasents and fed workers and sodiers. also the facotries was nationalised.

it was more of a marxist/communits belief that war communism should be implemeneted, and if you have worked on The NEP which was seen as a concern by some party members as it allowed capitaism.

im not sure about stalin... havent studies into that as much yet.

yes war communism lef to the 1921 famine in which millios dies. their were also report of cannblism.

the kronsdat rising is a tricky subject. the civil war was over HOWEVER the peasents ( greens) were still fighting. that why the NEP was introduced.

im not sure why the NEP was introudced fully. i think it was to buy of the peasnets who were still fighting from the civil war against the reds. the kronsdat was because of something else which i cant remeber right now

however hope some of the above helped you!

ReputationRep:
    As liverpool said, WC was successful in the way that it enabled the Reds to win the civil war! However it failed socially (there were divisions between the peasants and workers) and politically (kronstadt sailors opposed this who were the main supporters of the bolsheviks in their beggining with the constituent assembly).

When looking at its importance, see where it made a positive and negative impact upon the peoples of russia and the bolshevik party.
    It did create the 6 million people famine (i think that statistic is right, dont remember exactly, sorry), divided the people of russia instead of aiming to unite them on one purpose..

sorry i cant remember that much right now, if i do, ill post again good luck with it and remember STRUCTURE is the most important thing

ReputationRep:
    Thank you, very much people.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.