Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Have imperial sent anyone any forms to fill in regarding their accomodation - i got an offer last week, and thorught i might have recieved tht inforamtion with th eoffer - but now im worried i might not get any where becasue im too late - or are imperial sending off everyones accomodation forms off at the same time?

ReputationRep:
    Be patient and don't panic

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Srathmore)
    Have imperial sent anyone any forms to fill in regarding their accomodation - i got an offer last week, and thorught i might have recieved tht inforamtion with th eoffer - but now im worried i might not get any where becasue im too late - or are imperial sending off everyones accomodation forms off at the same time?
    A quick browse of the College website confirms that all 1st years are guaranteed accomodation provided that they return a residense form and confirmed offer by 15th Sept.

Now I can't remeber exactly but I'm pretty sure the residense forms aren't sent out until July/August so there really is no need for all this panicing (or so many darn identicle threads :rolleyes: )

ReputationRep:
    July/August?
    So that means they probably won't send it out until your offer is made unconditional. Meaning only after they "officially" accept you when they've recieved your exam grades

ReputationRep:
    Nah, you get your accom form before then. Defiantley before exam results. You only find out what hall you're in afterward.

ReputationRep:
    If you just had a look on the accommodation website you would notice that they send the packs out from the beginning of May.

ReputationRep:
    http://www3.imperial.ac.uk/residence...ent/howtoapply

An accommodation application pack is sent automatically to students who have firmly accepted an offer of a place to study.
    The packs are ready to be sent out from May 2006 onwards and will continue to be sent out throughout the summer.
    You should complete and return the application form as soon as you receive it - even if Imperial College London is your insurance offer

When your application form is received, it is scanned into the accommodation database and a record is made of your preferences. We will send you an acknowledgement letter within 3 weeks of receipt of your form.
    We begin our allocation process in late August, after the A-level results and other examinations are known. Allocations will continue to be made throughout September for any late applicants and those accepted through clearing. Please note that, if you accept an academic offer after Friday 15 September 2006, we cannot give any guarantee of accommodation but will provide as much assistance as possible.

ReputationRep:
    Nah, I phoned them up a month ago, and they said that they'll start sending them out during April.

Then if any girls wanna share a double/triple room, I would be more than happy to.

ReputationRep:
    you cant if ur a boy.

ReputationRep:
    lol ul "rofl"

ReputationRep:
    I'll dress up as 'Pete Burns'...might be a deterrent though.

ReputationRep:
    i've seen a lot of pool tables in the pictures of halls, are they free to play or is it like in a pub, 1 quid / game ?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by BlackImpact)
    i've seen a lot of pool tables in the pictures of halls, are they free to play or is it like in a pub, 1 quid / game ?
    I can't speak for all halls, but I know Willis Jacksons is free, and I'd really doubt if any of them are pay to play. If they are It'd be a pitance and you can always just get your hall committee to vote for it to be made free...

ReputationRep:
    It varies. In Beit it is free, although in other halls you pay to play.

However, if people do abuse the free tables and don't look after the table/balls/cues, there is the option to charge per game.

ReputationRep:
    I have a question: I accepted my ICL offer on April 6th. I still haven't got the accommodation form yet. I'm an international student and that probably takes longer but I feel it is getting a bit too long? Usually the mail takes about 1-1.5 weeks to get here. (To anyone) When did you accept your offer and when did you get the form?

ReputationRep:
    i havent got the form yet and i live in edinburgh!

ReputationRep:
    I am an EU student and I ve firmly accepted ICL 2 weeks ago; havent heard anything yet!

ReputationRep:
    im an international student in hk n i got the form few days ago. now thinking of how to prioritize all the room choices...btw i replied my offer in mid march i think

ReputationRep:
    I'm in India currently and received my package 3 days ago.

ReputationRep:
    When did you accept your offers, sonamuk and feanor? Mine was about 1.5 months ago and still haven't got it.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.