Computer Studies
Economics/Business Studies

are they good choices?
iceman_jondoe
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
very good...what you planning on doing ?
lil groovy dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They're very good! All respectable A-Levels!

What are you planning on doing?
~Bex~
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They're good, as long as they're all subjects you enjoy and somewhat relevant to what you want to do in the future!!!
arsenalfan.
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
ok thanks for replies, hm... i am not so sure what i want to do when i grow up, but these are like my favourite subjects....

1. do you think i should take economics/business studies?
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by imre)
ok thanks for replies, hm... i am not so sure what i want to do when i grow up, but these are like my favourite subjects....

1. do you think i should take economics/business studies?
Depends what you prefer and what you're looking to do at university/as a job, but you might want to bear in mind that some top universities look down on business studies as a doss subject, so if you want to apply to places like LSE, it would be better to do economics.
Eru Lawliet
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
yea, econs will be better. i think LSE rated business studies as non-traditional A level subject or something like that...
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Deathscythe HG)
yea, econs will be better. i think LSE rated business studies as non-traditional A level subject or something like that...
Yeah, it's on their blacklist.
arsenalfan.
Rep:
?
(Original post by kellywood_5)
Depends what you prefer and what you're looking to do at university/as a job, but you might want to bear in mind that some top universities look down on business studies as a doss subject, so if you want to apply to places like LSE, it would be better to do economics.
OK thanks, btw why do they look down on business studies?

btw whats the difference between business studies and economics? which is harder? they are similar right? and also like whats the different jobs that business studies/economics degrees can offer?

thanks for all your replys...
alispam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
economics is considered harder (not having done either myself though) and (i believe) a bit more marthsy. Its basically of more use for unis i would recommend an economics degree rather than business as business is almost a 'lower' version of economics. Any job in the city with economics.
kellywood_5
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by imre)
OK thanks, btw why do they look down on business studies?

btw whats the difference between business studies and economics? which is harder? they are similar right? and also like whats the different jobs that business studies/economics degrees can offer?

thanks for all your replys...
Because they're snobs :p: Lol I don't know really, they seem to think certain A-levels are easy options and unfortunately business studies is one of them. In theory that means economics is harder, but I've never studied either, so I can't comment.
arsenalfan.
Rep:
?
ok thanks
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• The University of Law
    Solicitor Series: Assessing Trainee Skills – LPC, GDL and MA Law - Guildford campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • Nottingham Trent University
    Postgraduate Open Day Postgraduate
    Wed, 29 Jan '20
  • University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (89)
50%
No (89)
50%

Watched Threads