Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    What do you think about the fact that there are cameras in 3 spots inside/outside the union (that i know of), which transmit real time images on the net. Sure the resolution is not good enough for someone to be recognised on them but still...

I don't have a particular problem with them. I use them a lot to check if there are enough ppl going to a particular event and stuff like that.

http://www.sunion.warwick.ac.uk/portal/ents/ (at the bottom of the page)

http://www2.warwick.ac.uk/about/webcam/

ReputationRep:
    Nah I think the cameras are a great idea - I too use them to check whether there are many people at an event, can't be going to Top B to find the place deserted.

Do think the one of the piazza ought to be readjusted to show where queues form for the big events, that would definitely be helpful.

Would be funny if you could recognise someone from them. Actually think I might have done on the piazza one once. Quite amusing.

On a slightly different note, have you checked out the UniHotShots website? lol watch the UniHotShots TV video and see if you can recognise anyone - a know a few people in it. You've gotta love the intro.....you'll know exactly what I mean when you see it..... Great website/idea though I think in general.
    www.unihotshots.com

oh yeah it's really quick to download the video from on campus, otherwise it's a pretty big file i think.

ReputationRep:
    i think "Big Brother" is a wee bit exagerated!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah! :eek: That term usually carries negative connotations.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.