Turn on thread page Beta

Drink water!

ReputationRep:
    Well it helps but without knowing your stuff you are unlikely to pass.

ReputationRep:
    True, drinking water is good but you can't do well without the right revision etc

ReputationRep:
    Study Hard! and Study Smart!

ReputationRep:
    one of my teachers said its good to eat sweets before the exam and not carbohydrates.
    dunno why though

ReputationRep:
    Sweets give you a blood sugar rush - for a short while - which makes you feel more alert. But the overall effect wears off quickly and can leave you feeling less energetic after an hour or so. Carbos can make you feel lethargic if you eat lots of them a few hours before an exam - they release their energy more slowly.

The best solution is a good nights sleep, cold water on your face 15 minutes before the exam and confidence that comes from preparing properly

Jim

(Original post by sprite)
    one of my teachers said its good to eat sweets before the exam and not carbohydrates.
    dunno why though

ReputationRep:
    The best way is to accept that you have to do it, get well prepared and answer EVERY single question on the paper, guesses may turn out to be correct!

And let's face it, I think for most GCSE papers the 'C' grade comes between 50-60%, so you can basically get HALF the paper wrong and still come out with a C .

ReputationRep:
    its the memorising all that information that is the nightmare when revising. Memory systems or mnemonics can really help out. They can be really powerful and make revision loads faster and more interesting.

theres a website at www.studysuccess.co.uk

that has a free interactive tutorial to introduce the basics of visual imagery mnemonics and also a revision forum too.

You can buy a full exam revision system there, and I know the website administrator - so this is a kind of promotional post - but there is really useful free stuff there - so thought that you might forgive me..

ReputationRep:
    thats www. studysuccess . co . uk

ReputationRep:
    http://www.studysuccess.co.uk

ReputationRep:
    one word: bribe

ReputationRep:
    Revise. Don't be tempted to procrastinate on this forum...it's addictive!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.