Getting my period to come earlier this month Watch

Anonymous #1
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Does anyone know anything I can do that will help me get my period earlier by about a week/10 days? I know you're going to say 'go see your GP.' but I a) don't want to induce it with chemicals and b) my mum who's like a hawk will find out SOMEHOW and there will be awkward questions that I don't want to reply.
Thanks.
Champagne-Dahling
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Sorry, but "go see your GP."

I doubt you can bring on a period like that, but they can most likely give you a pill to delay, (how much would depend on your cycle. i guess).
Sprog
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
erm, Im not a doc but I don't think you can do that? Anyone got any better advise? Sorry mines a bit rubbish!!
Vixen
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I really dont think there is anything you can do on your own. Why do you want it early? You could do the opposite and make it come late by taking pills that delay it, like someone said. Obviously that involves a GP but the pills arent harmful and going to a GP is your own private stuff so yor mum need not know.
amywalters
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
there is no way that your mother can find out, if you go to your local family planning clinic, or even to your doctor/nurse - everything is confidential, and she will never find out because she cant. go with a friend or something, there is a pill that you can take that stops your period coming - it is not a contraception method either.. and if it was harmful to you then your doctor wouldnt be able to prescribe it to you thats all there is im afraid.
Lib
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not sure if it'll work as much as a week in advance, but drinking parsley tea can bring your period on a few days early.
Renza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
As far as I know you can only delay periods. I did that before I went on holiday ~ Very helpful. I think it was for the space of 2 weeks.
Segat1
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
why do you want to? excercise made mine come on early but only by about 3 days and that involves effort
Ghetto_Princess12
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
eat alot of chocalate
Angelharpist
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I can't understand why you'd want to make it come early - later I can understand.

It really can't be good to go screwing up all your natural body cycles...
Talya
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The morning after pill sometimes makes you come on early. But you don't want pills. (Sorry, I'm thinking you're a bit silly right now)

There is a medicine that can delay your period and isn't a contraceptive (so your mum won't freak out when she finds you're on it). Would that be OK? You need to get that from your GP.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (10)
20.41%
My career doesn't need one (5)
10.2%
I'm sick of studying (10)
20.41%
I can't find a course I want to do (1)
2.04%
I don't know enough about them (6)
12.24%