Turn on thread page Beta

Cheating on boyfriend watch

I have been with my boyfriend for one and a half years. A couple months into a relationship he started to become very needy and would not give me the space I needed which often resulted in many arguments. I would confront him on his insecurities and beg him to stop smothering me which he would agree to however would always revert back to his old ways.

Anyway in the last couple weeks, I feel that emotionally I have started to break down (we live together, I often feel like I cant breath). i cringe every time he comes near me, we havent been intimate in the last month and I'm going out drinking a lot more. I recently shared a druken kiss with a guy at a bar however after exchanging numbers, we've now established a no strings attached agreement and regularly meet up for sex.

What I'm doing disgusts me, I dont feel like my self but I do enjoy what I have going on with this guy. I dont want a relationship with him, however its nice to have someone who isnt checking up on me every 10 mins and showering me 24/7 constant affection.

Im sorry that this is abit long winded. What Im really asking is just for your opinions on this situation, as well as how do I stop these urges that keep leading me to meet up with this other guy.

ReputationRep:
    My opinion is your boyfriend deserves better, so break up and do whatever the hell you want. :console:

ReputationRep:
    You want advice on how to stop the urges? :confused: why on earth aren't you breaking up with your boyfriend? you've cheated on him and it doesn't look like you enjoy the relationship very much.

ReputationRep:
    I don't like judging people over the internet, but seriously?

ReputationRep:
    You're horrible, why do that to the poor guy? If he was so needy you shouldn't have moved in together or kept going out :/
    Dump him and come clean (and don't even try to blame his "needyness" for your cheating") and please don't do it to anyone else ever again :/

ReputationRep:
    Dealing with your broken relationship by having sex repeatedly with a different guy isn't really solving your problem
    Break up with your boyfriend and go and have casual sex, its not fair on either of you

I dont want to break up with him, in the beginning the relationship was amazing. I just want him to change.

ReputationRep:
    The cheating aside, why are you still with him? You really don't seem to want to be.

ReputationRep:
    Your poor boyfriend... Please, if you genuinely love him (or have loved him) break up with him. The guy way deserves better.

i dont want to break up with him. i just want things to get better. all the insults, i know are true and i agree with every one of them. this is literally tearing me apart as this is not the person i am or want to be.

ReputationRep:
    You have a needy, insecure boyfriend and cheat on him? Like that isn't gonna crush him.

Just dump him but don't tell him about the other guy. There is no need for him to be humiliated. I appreciate it may be hard to dump someone if you live with him, so find some place where you can crash for a few weeks before you get yourself a new flat.

Pathetic.

ReputationRep:
    I don't think the problem is stopping the urges to meet up with this guy, the problem is that you are not happy with your relationship. Break off contact with this other guy for a while, and try to think about whether your relationship with your boyfriend is really worth continuing. If you think you'd be happy in your relationship as long as your boyfriend wasn't being so needy, you'll need to tell him this. There is no point continuing a relationship that is not working for you, and if you continue cheating on your boyfriend, it will cause him much more hurt in the long run- and I'm sure you don't want to hurt him.

ReputationRep:
    Eating from the toilet bowl disgusts me hence I don't do it. Its doesn't disgust you otherwise you wouldn't do it. What you find disgusting is having to face the fact you aren't a very nice person afterward. Its a hard pill to swallow but based on the fact this has happen multiple times it would seem its one you are capable of wolfing down.

btw, the guy doesn't check up you because he's doesn't give a ****.

No wonder you boyfriend is insecure, he's dating a cheater who cared more about herself than him or their relationship.

ReputationRep:
    Break up with your boyfriend... please. Cheating on him like that is awful. Imagine if you were in his shoes, how would you feel? :\

ReputationRep:
    You say he's insecure - can you blame him when you're cheating on him?
    Wow, you're disgusting. He deserves so much better, what has this world come to...

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    How about you act like an adult and demonstrate some self-control?

I kind of feel sorry for you. I started to feel the same way with my boyfriend and although I never cheated on him I would find myself flirting when I was out. I think it just feels nice to feel attractive and remember how things were in the beginning. I don't think you can stop the urges. After about 6 months I started cringing when my boyfriend touched me, by 9 i felt disgusted in myself if he just kissed me.

ReputationRep:
    Why did you get into a situation where you are living with your boyfriend when you knew early in the relationship what he is like? Living together makes this situation far more complicated - I'd advise you find somewhere else to live and break up with the guy. He doesn't deserve to be cheated on plus you don't seem to enjoy the relationship anyway.

i understand how awful it is and i agree with all of your insults. i dont want to break up with him because what we used to have was amazing, however i cant seem to get through to him.

ReputationRep:
    Sorry, no offence but this needs to be said. This is a sign of a girl who's been treated too well, girls like you complain about dating *******s and then treat the guy who would lay down his head for you like ****. Then act like the victim.

You don't realise how much you're going to crush him when you tell him that you've been sleeping around behind his back, completely exploiting his biggest insecurities. You really need to get your act together because when you're done having your fun and having a 'free' life and getting treated like **** from this other guy, you'll miss him and you'll rue the day you ever betrayed him.

And as for him, I hope he finds someone better, coming from the point of view of a girl who got cheated on in a similar way that you're cheating on him, he deserves a lot better than you.

Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2012
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.