Girls! I need soem advise... Watch

This discussion is closed.
Sasha D
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 15 years ago
I can't get the right type of curls...no waves. I want them to look lose and choppy but even and i just can't seem to get them right. Can anyone recommend and techniques/products. My hair's just past my shoulders and is medium thickness. Remember Nush from big brother? well waves like that. click the pic:
Attached files
happysunshine
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sasha D)
I can't get the right type of curls...no waves. I want them to look lose and choppy but even and i just can't seem to get them right. Can anyone recommend and techniques/products. My hair's just past my shoulders and is medium thickness. Remember Nush from big brother? well waves like that. click the pic:
You'll need one of those electric curling brushes to get curls like Nush.
blissy
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
To get curls like that I wash my hair at night, put it into three french plaits (one either side of my head, one at the back - I look like a freak) go to sleep and when i wake up it's all dry and soft. I undo it all add some hairspray and it's GORGEOUS. I went through a phase of doing it all the time about a year ago. DOn't have time anymore
fionah
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
I think nush used to use rags and tie her hair up in a twiddly way before going to bed, then in the morning you untie it all and it's all wavey and nice.

However, I remember she did it when she was leaving and it came out really quick. Like between the bb house and the interview, most of the waviness had gone. You'll need a lot of hairspray etc to hold it I imagine. Depends on your hair type though.

Also, ghds are excellent for everything so obviously they created a special 'thing' to get curls like nushes. Ask your hairdresser to try it on you if you donot have the ghds or the curling thing yourself. (cant explain what it is.. but you sort of wrap your hair around it and then put it all inside the straighteners i think!
curryADD
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Sasha D)
you can use the beach stuff.....it makes my hair wave a bit like that. or you could try like a two inch curler, it makes the curls looser and wider.
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
yea!
eunice
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by blissy)
To get curls like that I wash my hair at night, put it into three french plaits (one either side of my head, one at the back - I look like a freak) go to sleep and when i wake up it's all dry and soft. I undo it all add some hairspray and it's GORGEOUS. I went through a phase of doing it all the time about a year ago. DOn't have time anymore
I second Blissy's method.. hehe.. Because i too did something like that...
That's what my hairdresser taught me... ehhe..
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by fionah)
Also, ghds are excellent for everything so obviously they created a special 'thing' to get curls like nushes. Ask your hairdresser to try it on you if you donot have the ghds or the curling thing yourself. (cant explain what it is.. but you sort of wrap your hair around it and then put it all inside the straighteners i think!

Roll up tin foil, get your hair curl it around, go over with your ghd straightners, or any ones. Use curling tongues, mouse in your girl but it tends to looks cheap so scrtach that acually!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by Custard)
Roll up tin foil, get your hair curl it around, go over with your ghd straightners, or any ones. Use curling tongues, mouse in your girl but it tends to looks cheap so scrtach that acually!
huh????
me!
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
my hair is sort of like that naturally, but recently it went all straight looking without using straightners and I kind of got to miss my mad hair - but it's back
eunice
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Curling tongues ???
Mouse in your girl ???

errrr....
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by lumpycustard)
huh????
Use curling tongues.

Or when your hair is wet, put loads of mouse in it (mouse your curls, not girls!), but it looks cheap so I advise not to do it...
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
do these methods work on any hair types? because i would love loose waves but my hair is stupidley straight usually and they never hold for longer than bout 10 minutes....sigh.... plus it isnt long enough to put in french plaits cos bit are all different lengths and i cant do them neway! maybe ill try the foil and straightner thingy
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by poowpoow)
do these methods work on any hair types? because i would love loose waves but my hair is stupidley straight usually and they never hold for longer than bout 10 minutes....sigh.... plus it isnt long enough to put in french plaits cos bit are all different lengths and i cant do them neway! maybe ill try the foil and straightner thingy
im sure ur hairs down ur back... or have u had it cut?
hotchick200
Badges:
Report 15 years ago
i wash mine at nite and put em in plats and take em out in da mornin and if it's still a bit wet u can leave it 2 dry natural or run ur fingures through it while dryin it wid a dryer but sum times if da plats r 2 tite it goes a bit wild
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well i have naturally curly hair, but to give an extra kick i wash it then towl dry it until damp, work through trevor sorbie long hair curling cream with 18 MEA and quite a bit of conditioner, but the big head difuser on the end of the hair dryer (the one with the spikes) tip my head upside down, and massage it in my scalp. Put my hair up for about 30 mins, take it and wella! Clare perfect crazy hair in 45 mins! (less is you don't put it up-or put it down)
poowpoow
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
im sure ur hairs down ur back... or have u had it cut?
i havent had it long since year 11! its about at my shoulders maybe a bit shorter!!
dont suppose ne1 knows what the toni n guy hot stix are like for curling hair?
and please excuse me if im being a thicky but please could u explain the foil and straightner thing to me again??!!!! im a dur brain!
lumpycustard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
Well i have naturally curly hair, but to give an extra kick i wash it then towl dry it until damp, work through trevor sorbie long hair curling cream with 18 MEA and quite a bit of conditioner, but the big head difuser on the end of the hair dryer (the one with the spikes) tip my head upside down, and massage it in my scalp. Put my hair up for about 30 mins, take it and wella! Clare perfect crazy hair in 45 mins! (less is you don't put it up-or put it down)
cant quite imagine that... lol
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
(Original post by poowpoow)
i havent had it long since year 11! its about at my shoulders maybe a bit shorter!!
dont suppose ne1 knows what the toni n guy hot stix are like for curling hair?
and please excuse me if im being a thicky but please could u explain the foil and straightner thing to me again??!!!! im a dur brain!
Roll peices of foil up (or just use the ghd curlers, personally I'm a cheap skate) curl your hair round the fuil, carfully (its abit tricky this part) pull the straighters down the foil and hair without buring your fingers and making sure the hair stays in place, lots of hairspray!!

Theres is also another way when you scrunch your hair into curls and straighten it, but I've never tryed so I don't know what to do!
Custard
Rep:
?
Report 15 years ago
cant quite imagine that... lol
What do you mean ? :confused:
X
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you registered to vote?

Yes! (264)
39.11%
No - but I will (46)
6.81%
No - I don't want to (50)
7.41%
No - I can't vote (<18, not in UK, etc) (315)
46.67%

Watched Threads