Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I've just received the accommodation forms from Jesus, and it is predictably confusing. I think I understand the set/bedsit/en-suite thing now (though what I really want is a set with an en-suite...I suppose I should start being realistic...) But the forms said that some of the rooms are 'short tenancies' (inlcuding all of the ones on Library court, which I like!), which I think basically means you can't stay in your room outside of term dates? So I was wondering if anyone knew how much of an inconvenience this would be...do people usually stay outside term time, and would it be a massive hassle to find somewhere else to stay? Thanks!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Star_crossed)
    I've just received the accommodation forms from Jesus, and it is predictably confusing. I think I understand the set/bedsit/en-suite thing now (though what I really want is a set with an en-suite...I suppose I should start being realistic...) But the forms said that some of the rooms are 'short tenancies' (inlcuding all of the ones on Library court, which I like!), which I think basically means you can't stay in your room outside of term dates? So I was wondering if anyone knew how much of an inconvenience this would be...do people usually stay outside term time, and would it be a massive hassle to find somewhere else to stay? Thanks!
    It can be a problem but most people move out of Library court and into other peoples rooms if they want to stay longer. Long tenancy is only about a week longer either side of term. Oh and we don't have any ensuite sets at Jesus otherwise i'd be in one lol. If I was you go for funky North Court rooms with their long tenancy and lovely ensuits. If you want to stay longer in a rooms of your own then you can pay to (this being because short tenancy rooms are cheape) and the college will move you to an empty room they have. Its not an issue... but go for North Court!!!

Justin

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by JHutcher)
    It can be a problem but most people move out of Library court and into other peoples rooms if they want to stay longer. Long tenancy is only about a week longer either side of term. Oh and we don't have any ensuite sets at Jesus otherwise i'd be in one lol. If I was you go for funky North Court rooms with their long tenancy and lovely ensuits. If you want to stay longer in a rooms of your own then you can pay to (this being because short tenancy rooms are cheape) and the college will move you to an empty room they have. Its not an issue... but go for North Court!!!

Justin
    Thanks! I was trying to decide between library court and north court...think I may well take your advice!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.