The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1980
Original post by vix83
Hi Everyone

Is there anyone who has heard from Chester Uni yet? I have applied to do early years PGCE there but my application has said under consideration since 22/11/12!!

Am getting so fustrated with the whole PGCE process. I was rejected without even an interview by Edge hill and am now doubtful that I will even get an interview with Chester as its taking so long!

What have you heard from the University of Chester now?
anyone got an interview in Newcastle tomorrow? I've my 5 minute presentation read over 1000 times but apart from that pretty clueless what's going to happen
Reply 1982
Original post by Lawa92
What have you heard from the University of Chester now?

Hiya
I'v got an interview tomorrow at Chester Uni for an early years PGCE. How about you? Have you been through the interview process at Chester? Any advice or tips would be much appreciated!
Reply 1983
I have an interview tomorrow at Chester for PGCE Primary! Excited but nervous! Any one else? x
Reply 1984
Original post by pixie84
Onto 6 days since interview. Becoming very impatient and am sick of logging into track to see 'Your application has been sent for consideration!!!' Even emailed admissions at uni to see if they could give me a rough timescale of when I'd hear even though I was told 10-14 days max at interview. Just thought it might hurry them along lol

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know how you feel! My uni didn't keep me waiting an unreasonably long time but it felt pretty damn unreasonable. It's hard, but they will let you know soon! I hope it's good news for you. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1985
Original post by samsam123
Hi there, applying for the same PGCE, what did you do your degree in? At a different uni though.. I would hurry up if I was you and get your application is ASAP, it's a long process!

I did my degree in Computing, I think the modules I did should be ok for teaching A Level Computer Science, what uni are you applying for? I had no idea what a long process this would turn out to be, getting quite worried about how late my application is going to be turned it by.

Original post by Shelly_x
Congrats on getting some experience! It can be very tough, especially if you don't have any contacts in schools.
Make sure they have places on the course before you submit your application.

Yes, I didn't have contacts at the schools, the people I knew had left. Thanks for the advice, Ill have to send an email to admissions.

Original post by pgce2013
I'm applying for computer science, what was you degree in? Im a final year I'm soo busy with exams etc and have my applications/interviews to sort out.

My degree was in Computing, my final year was so hectic too, I wouldn't have liked to added stress of this application on top of it. I hope you're doing ok. Where are you applying too?

Original post by Imelda
I've been offered a place at NTU starting September for Secondary D&T. Hooray!

Are you applying for entry this year too or in 2014?

Congratulations! I did 2 years at NTU as an undergrad, I loved it there, it's a great uni. I was hoping for an application this year, but if I don't get anywhere this year then I can do it in 2014.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1986
Hi everyone,

I've just completed my application for PGCE secondary (art and design) at various uni's. Just wondering if anyone knows the range of interview dates as I'm going traveling for six weeks at the beginning of Feb. Any ideas?
Reply 1987
Original post by MissB25
Hi everyone,

I've just completed my application for PGCE secondary (art and design) at various uni's. Just wondering if anyone knows the range of interview dates as I'm going traveling for six weeks at the beginning of Feb. Any ideas?

From now to August.
2nd chance

Just found out i have an interview (pgce primary) at liverpool hope in march.

Gttr track has updated but no e-mail form uni yet so if anyone has had a interview at liverpool hope please let me know what it involves.
Woo I got accepted into Cardiff Met for PGCE Primary!

If anyone else is doing this, I've just set up a Facebook group
http://www.facebook.com/groups/568129843216426/
Reply 1990
I'm considering applying for a PGCE course, but before doing so, I need to ask what employment prospects are like after a successful completion of the course.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 1991
Original post by Imelda
I know how you feel! My uni didn't keep me waiting an unreasonably long time but it felt pretty damn unreasonable. It's hard, but they will let you know soon! I hope it's good news for you. 😊

Posted from TSR Mobile

I know. They did say 10-14 days but every day just feels like forever. I didn't get a reply to my email so think I will just have to be patient. Thanks :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 1992
Original post by Meus
I'm considering applying for a PGCE course, but before doing so, I need to ask what employment prospects are like after a successful completion of the course.

Depends what subject and age you want to teach.
Reply 1993
Just recieved an invite to interview for Hull uni PGCE. Not sure if I'm going to go... My school direct place seems so much better.
Reply 1994
Hey everyone!!

Well done to everyone getting offers, interviews and passing qts tests!!
I was offered a place at my first choice doing secondary English at Hull Uni. However, I have accepted a school direct place (pgce through Hull anyway so thought this would be the best option!!).

If anyone wants to ask any questions about either interview, feel free!!x
Reply 1995
Original post by Wan24
Hey everyone!!

Well done to everyone getting offers, interviews and passing qts tests!!
I was offered a place at my first choice doing secondary English at Hull Uni. However, I have accepted a school direct place (pgce through Hull anyway so thought this would be the best option!!).

If anyone wants to ask any questions about either interview, feel free!!x

Was the atmosphere at your hull interview nice? I've got an offer for schools direct but just recieved an interview invite for hull secondary english. The last PGCE interview I went to wasn't exactly welcoming...
If we get rejected by our first choice and our second choice is full do we have to wait until Extra begins to be able to put down another choice? I'm worried any other places near me will be full by then :frown:
Original post by polka_dott
If we get rejected by our first choice and our second choice is full do we have to wait until Extra begins to be able to put down another choice? I'm worried any other places near me will be full by then :frown:

I think so. But I think there's always places. I know two people who got in through clearing last year. But you may not get a provider local to you.
Original post by Mr Advice
I think so. But I think there's always places. I know two people who got in through clearing last year. But you may not get a provider local to you.

Thank you for the reply. It would be better though if we could put down another choice right away...
Reply 1999
Does anyone have any advice/best ways to revives for the QTS tests? Got mine booked and I'm panicking! Xx

Latest

Trending

Trending