The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Hi everyone. I've applied for pgce English secondary and am so scared! My first choice have had my application for three weeks now and I've heard nothing yet! Eeeekkk! Would just like to hear if I've at least an interview! All this not knowing is the worst!
Reply 2121
Anyone else get an interview for PGCE primary at Edgehill University? I'm so nervous. Any help will be much appreciated.
Original post by Mr Advice
I don't think I could hack ages 3-7; they're adorable but hard to control and vey hard to teach.

I'm not sure if I'd always agree with adorable! But the EYFS curriculum isn't called the 'Foundation Stage' for nothing - it provides the first foundations of child development and learning in an educational setting. A challenge, but also highly rewarding when supportive, effective relationships are formed.
Well done :biggrin: I only had my interview yesterday and already the wait to hear is killing me.
Its the only place I've got my heart set on :frown:
Original post by qwirtykid
I'm not sure if I'd always agree with adorable! But the EYFS curriculum isn't called the 'Foundation Stage' for nothing - it provides the first foundations of child development and learning in an educational setting. A challenge, but also highly rewarding when supportive, effective relationships are formed.

Yeah definitely. I don't think there's much better than when you teach a little kid a new concept. But personally, I find that it's more babysitting than teaching. I work with Years 2 & 3 and they're tough. I don't even wanna imagine nursery, reception and Year 1 kids.
I'm applying for Secondary Chemistry with Science at Dundee. Its already my uni so I love it up there and really don't want to leave. I was told it could be the end of February before I hear but that is an absolute eternity away haha
That does make me feel a little better :smile: thank you.
I've heard a lot of places have clearing places for PGCE Chemistry, but I'm hoping to stay in Scotland and only 6 places do it! So it's pretty tight.

I've just noticed you're doing Chemistry too. You're the first person I've found :smile:
I think I'd prefer to teach 11-16. Although there are lots of aspects of sixth form that I'd quite enjoy. So I'm not really sure. The system in Scotland is completely different though. How about you?
There are only 6 places at Dundee so I'm really nervous. They're holding quite a few interviews but the people in my interview were all physics and Home Economics. But they only did them in small numbers. I know of at least 3 other people who've got Chemistry interviews this week.

I've just got everything crossed! Haha
Sounds like you're at a pretty good school just now :smile:

I think it went well, I felt good when I came out. I answered everything as best I could. I'm just worried I've shot myself in the foot a wee bit by mentioning that I was considering moving home due to financial reasons. But they tried to convince me it wouldn't be too much of a difference, so hopefully thats a good sign!

Did you feel like your interview went well? I wish I was told right after like you were :P

I have an interview for School Direct tomorrow which I'm really nervous about. I'm hoping I won't need it but its good to always have a choice I think.
How does clearing work, I mean I've read up on it, but do people actually get on via clearing? And what is the process? I'm loosing faith in the system.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Im so happy! Passed my numeracy test yesterday:smile: wheyyyy:biggrin:
Reply 2131
Well done! I've got mine booked for early march- how did you find it? Easier or the same as the practice tests? Also- randomly- was there a practice question? X

Posted from TSR Mobile
I've got my interview on Wednesday, so nervous, it's so intense!!
Reply 2133
Original post by -Jo-
Well done! I've got mine booked for early march- how did you find it? Easier or the same as the practice tests? Also- randomly- was there a practice question? X

Posted from TSR Mobile

On the maths there is a practice question. On English, you do the spellings first and once you have gone to the next part you cannot go back.
They were the same level as the ones online. Good luck!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2134
Just got a conditional offer from Chester for early years :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: am delighted and shocked as I did really bad on the maths test in the day (40%)!!!
Reply 2135
Original post by vix83
Just got a conditional offer from Chester for early years :smile::smile::smile::smile::smile: am delighted and shocked as I did really bad on the maths test in the day (40%)!!!

Congratulations!!! :-))) xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2136
Just received (and firmed!!) an offer from the University of Chester PGCE Early Years! I am so incredibly shocked and happy! So pleased with how quickly they responded too, the interview was only last week!!
Well done to everyone else that's been getting offers too! :five::five:
Reply 2137
When does the literacy/numeracy test happen? After or before applying?
Reply 2138
Original post by Meus
When does the literacy/numeracy test happen? After or before applying?

You can book it as soon as you have your welcome letter. It's better do get it done before interview so that they know you've done it. I think you have till June

Posted from TSR Mobile
Just got an offer for pgce primary at liverpool hope :smile: :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending