The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
I've just completed the application & sent off my reference request :-) I know that the reference is already done so it should be a case of him copying it over as soon as he gets it. Very excited to get the ball rolling after so many false starts!

Applying for PGCE Primary P/T at Cumbria and Northumbria anyone else applying there?
Reply 201
Original post by naima2012
Hi thanks for replying....i have 11 modules ten of which are 20 creds and one is 40 creds... when i worked it out for the 20 creds modules i got 8.33333 recurring and for the 40 creds i got 16.66666 recurring so i rounded it to 8% and rounded it to 20% as that is the only way i could get 100% will this be alright?

another thing is my second year is only worth 1/3 of my final grade. where could i mention that on the application coz i think thats important do u??

As a few people have said in this thread, and also what I've done myself, if to write down ALL your modules as they all contribute to your degree.
Reply 202
Original post by babyS
hi i thought to apply for your qts tests need a number of your training provider so i can't be done till you've been offered a place ?

No. Many providers seem to want the tests done prior to the interview, though not all. You can book the tests now for a time when your application will have been sent off.
Reply 203
Hi i have sent my application to my referee i was wonderin gafter my referee sends the reference is there any way i can edit my personal statement or the work experience part??
Reply 204
Original post by nemo1231
Hi i have sent my application to my referee i was wonderin gafter my referee sends the reference is there any way i can edit my personal statement or the work experience part??

No. Sorry, once it's been sent to the referee you can no longer edit any part of your application. All you can do now is pay and wait.
Original post by Shelly_x
No. Many providers seem to want the tests done prior to the interview, though not all. You can book the tests now for a time when your application will have been sent off.

I was just wondering where I can find any information on whether particular providers want you to do these tests before interviews. Just because this is about the first I've heard of it but obviously I've done a fair bit of reading internet pages etc on courses I am applying for, similarly I was never told to do it at careers service stuff about applying for ITT. Is it very common?

ETA I see this is a new change for this year so the tests have to be done before the starting the course but still that is 11 months away for 2013
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 206
Original post by babyS
hi i thought to apply for your qts tests need a number of your training provider so i can't be done till you've been offered a place ?

No, you're supposed to apply to take your QTS tests ASAP after you've sent off your application to your chosen unis.
Reply 207
Can we book skills tests before we get our welcome letter?
Reply 208
Original post by Barnsley Tom
I was just wondering where I can find any information on whether particular providers want you to do these tests before interviews. Just because this is about the first I've heard of it but obviously I've done a fair bit of reading internet pages etc on courses I am applying for, similarly I was never told to do it at careers service stuff about applying for ITT. Is it very common?

ETA I see this is a new change for this year so the tests have to be done before the starting the course but still that is 11 months away for 2013

A lot of unis haven't decided on this yet. Some will state on their websites, some will tell you if they ask you. I asked all my choices and they were all unsure except Sheffield Hallam, who told me they wanted them done before interview preferably.
Reply 209
Original post by Lit2010
Can we book skills tests before we get our welcome letter?

Yep, you just need to take proof of your application to the test.
Reply 210
Original post by Shelly_x
Yep, you just need to take proof of your application to the test.

So, I've already applied but haven't received my welcome letter. Would I need this as proof of my application or will an email or something do?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by geographyleeds

No much looking is needed. If you go to Personal Statements above, you'll find lots of samples.
Has anyone a link to where you can book your skills test?
By the way, I have applied for MFL Spanish and French to Manchester Uni, Birmingham, Leeds and Cumbria. Anyone applying for MFL?

Waiting for my referee..
Reply 215
Paid for and sent my application! Now its a waiting game :smile:
Reply 216
Original post by Lit2010
So, I've already applied but haven't received my welcome letter. Would I need this as proof of my application or will an email or something do?

You need the welcome letter.
Reply 217
The numeracy skills test is so hard! The mental maths bit especially; it would be much more realistic if we were allowed a bit of paper and a pen to work out stuff.
Reply 218
Original post by Lit2010
The numeracy skills test is so hard! The mental maths bit especially; it would be much more realistic if we were allowed a bit of paper and a pen to work out stuff.

We have a whiteboard and a pen, don't we?
Reply 219
Original post by CraigStar
We have a whiteboard and a pen, don't we?

Really?! That would make everything okay again :biggrin:

I thought I was pretty good at common sense maths, but I forget half of the information by the time the question has finished.

Latest

Trending

Trending