Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Does nobody do AQA B here?! Why are there 2 specifications, and WHY does everyone do A?!:mad:
    So if any of you people do the B spec, feel free to post here about revision etc. Us B Speccers need to stick together!!

ReputationRep:
    hey yeah ur right everybody does do a.

more people do a , as psychology is a popular subject , and for aqa spec a there is no cwk at as , and tehre is tonnes and tonnes of revision material, so a lot of schools with large number os psychology pupils prefer to so spec a.

whereas we do spec b , and the advantage of that is you do cwk at as ( worth30%) and cwk at a2 worth 30% of a2.

however there are about 2 text books and no revision guides for this spec , which is an absolute bummer !!!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asjad_03)
    hey yeah ur right everybody does do a.

more people do a , as psychology is a popular subject , and for aqa spec a there is no cwk at as , and tehre is tonnes and tonnes of revision material, so a lot of schools with large number os psychology pupils prefer to so spec a.

whereas we do spec b , and the advantage of that is you do cwk at as ( worth30%) and cwk at a2 worth 30% of a2.

however there are about 2 text books and no revision guides for this spec , which is an absolute bummer !!!!!
    I know it sucks! I am loving the CW at AS and A2 tho! I got a B in my CW this year, and was allowed to redo it, hopefully making it up to an A
    Let's not mention PYB4 though, that didn't fare as well

ReputationRep:
    oh ok, did u do pyb4 in jan ???

what topics did u do , coz we cud only do it for this summer. We've do stress / sub abuse /autism etc..

btw have u done ur a2 cwk ??? mine on categorisation of words.

also does that mean u'll be resitting pyb4 ??? what did u get first time round, coz ur sig says u got a good A at as - so you shpuld be ok .

ReputationRep:
    I'm doing AQA Spec B! It really sucks tho coz there are no revision guides and few textbooks designed for it. I'm doing the topics of parapsychology, criminology and child development for PYB4. PYB5 is so boring tho, all that approaches stuff!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by asjad_03)
    oh ok, did u do pyb4 in jan ???

what topics did u do , coz we cud only do it for this summer. We've do stress / sub abuse /autism etc..

btw have u done ur a2 cwk ??? mine on categorisation of words.

also does that mean u'll be resitting pyb4 ??? what did u get first time round, coz ur sig says u got a good A at as - so you shpuld be ok .
    I did indeed do pyb4 in Jan, got a high D
    I'm resitting though, which sucks cos I hate resits. I did levels of processing for my cwk, you know the questionnaire with the 3 different types of question?

(Original post by *~CARALA~*)
    I'm doing AQA Spec B! It really sucks tho coz there are no revision guides and few textbooks designed for it. I'm doing the topics of parapsychology, criminology and child development for PYB4. PYB5 is so boring tho, all that approaches stuff!
    I'm doing the EXACT same thing for PYB4 as you!! I got a D in it in Jan tho, I blame parapsychology, its so dull!! (plus the teacher who did that bit was RUBBASH).
    I don't like PYB5, it's so annoying. I'm hoping to do well on 2 resits this summer, which will mean I can do worse on that paper

ReputationRep:
    Yeah i'm doing spec b aswell and got a high D in Jan for PYB4 too!!
    The only decent book i've found is advanced psychology by pennington. Its good for the approaches and child developement bit but doesn't include any of the atypical behaviour stuff so you have to buy the accompanying book.

I was only 5 marks off a B last year so ive also resubmitted my cwk hoping to bump my final grade up to a B

Why oh why is there so much to learn? I totally regret taking it now!

ReputationRep:
    I do the Spec B, it sounds better than A where they study lots of topics in less detail. I prefer less topics personally. Strict coursework though.

ReputationRep:
    ur right , in As cwk as it get sent to be marked externally the examiners are such nit pickers!!!!

i lost a marker in my predure , becase the marking criteria said where was the participant approached , and i said the particpanst was approached at my school...in area of ....

and she didnt give me the mark , i had to mentiione exactly where in the school, e.g canteen / tuck shop , and then i got the 2 marks !!!!

they are absoluute bast***s

ReputationRep:
    I know examiners are such retaaards, you have to spell everything out:rolleyes:
    I HATED doing parapsychology!! It was interesting for the first lesson, until we were all like 'wait, so thats it?!' We had literally covered the whole topic within the 1st lesson!

ReputationRep:
    I do B and one of our teachers is the Chief Examiner!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Chester)
    I do B and one of our teachers is the Chief Examiner!
    Same lol!! Unfortunately not for MY class grr!!

Anyway, I've really enjoyed it this year and I hope I get good grades lol. I'm either going to drop Economics or Psychology, so I think Economics is headed for the scrap heap!

ReputationRep:
    Yep, I'm a B-er too. Hate Psychology though lol. Ah well, only a few more weeks of it now!

Joe

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Joe_JBB)
    Yep, I'm a B-er too. Hate Psychology though lol. Ah well, only a few more weeks of it now!

Joe

Oh how I agree!!

Only 25 hours of it left!

ReputationRep:
    I do Spec B!! It's so annoying that there's not as much info on it, revision guides and stuff. For PYB4 I'm doing Child Development - cognitive development and exceptional development. And Atypical Behaviour - Anxiety & Eating Disorder, and Mood Disorders & Scizophrenia.

ReputationRep:
    Books -
    Gross is easily the best book for both Spec B and A, i reckon.

Internet sites -

err...i'll find the links and post em when i come back!
    They're good!

Ma modules -

History of Psyche
    Biological Approach (Schizo and Intell)
    Memory
    Cognition and the Law, Amnesia.
    Social Influence

Health Psyche - Stress
    Atypical Behaviour - eating disorders and the schizo stuff again.

Approaches
    is Psyche a Science? Debates (great stuff cos i do Philosophy as wel)

ReputationRep:
    Hey..I do spec B and i've actually had to buy about 10 different books and pick what i need from each book. What a waste of money, well not a waste but you woulda thought they did more revision guides for B!!!
    There is SO much to revise..looks like im the only one doing atypical behaviour.....i'm bogged down and worried.
    So is the A2 coursework worth more than our cw was at AS?
    Cheers xxxxx

ReputationRep:
    theres prob les on Spec B than SPec A macca.

remember you only need to do one question from each question except for the ones where you do an 'extra one'.

SO i wuld advise you to revise the minimum to excel in these areas only. ie everyfing for these topics only, and not cross over to other topics (though its very tempting to becos the syllabus is really really interesting in places, dont you find? Parapsychology? wooo:eek: not that i would do that, the atypical behaviour and 'ealth Psychology is mor my style).
    Have a look at the way the exam papers dictate the minimum amount you need, you shuld find that it amounts to a fair bit less than AQA A (where you have to learn six topics for AS without leeway, plus a minimum of 4-5 from the others).

If you ave any questiona about atypical then give me a shout and i'll try and 'elp you macca.

ReputationRep:
    I do AQA B, but it seems like I'm the only AS person in the thread...

ReputationRep:
    argh, im on AQA B and i hate the coursework

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: March 20, 2009
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.