Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hi,

I've just discovered this site and looked through the threads to find one about law, but I've had no luck so far! I have an offer from LSE for Law and I'm just wondering how well this degree is regarded nationally as well as internationally? Obviously LSE is a top uni, but is it known for its Economics/ A&F/ G&E degrees or is a law degree from LSE just as prestigious? What sort of legal firms do lawyers go on to work for?

I'm sorry if this question seems vacuous but there don't seem to be any lawyers here currently studying at LSE so I haven't been able to find much information relating to law degrees.

Your help would be appreciated

ReputationRep:
    I'd say a Law degree from LSE is extremely well respected. Alongside LLBs awarded by places like UCL.. probably just below Oxbridge.

Congratulations on the offer.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whompinbobula!)
    Hi,

I've just discovered this site and looked through the threads to find one about law, but I've had no luck so far! I have an offer from LSE for Law and I'm just wondering how well this degree is regarded nationally as well as internationally? Obviously LSE is a top uni, but is it known for its Economics/ A&F/ G&E degrees or is a law degree from LSE just as prestigious? What sort of legal firms do lawyers go on to work for?

I'm sorry if this question seems vacuous but there don't seem to be any lawyers here currently studying at LSE so I haven't been able to find much information relating to law degrees.

Your help would be appreciated
    Welcome
    There are actually a few lawyers on the LSE thread, they've even started a topic about themselves here lol (http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/show....php?t=213735).
    An LSE Law degree is awesome. It's as well known for its LLB as it is for Econs/A&F/G&E/Management degrees.

ReputationRep:
    dude...you can't go wrong with a law degree from LSE...it rocks!

ReputationRep:
    there are tons of lse lawyers here, the fact you can't find one makes me wonder.

ReputationRep:
    me, 2. or are you just being lazy B-)

LSE rocks!

ReputationRep:
    I can't find someone who's currently an undergrad lawyer at LSE

Thanks for all your replies

ReputationRep:
    erm, try tiantang and colly...if i am not mistaken...but kinda weird, haven't seen them for quite some time now.

ReputationRep:
    yea im still around, course LSE law is prestigous, obviously debatable in terms of league tables or whatever but it's generally regarded as 3rd/4th in the UK.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by whompinbobula!)
    What sort of legal firms do lawyers go on to work for?
    I'd imagine the majority go on to work for city law firms, the Times Good University Guide showed that Clifford Chance and Linklaters were among the top 10 employers that hire students from LSE.

If city firms aren't your cup of tea there are so many other sectors you could go into. A law degree from LSE would put you in a very comfortable position in terms of employment prospects.

ReputationRep:
    Yep! And LSE prestigious international reputation will make your life much easier if you are thinking of employment abroad!

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 14, 2006
Poll
Do you like carrot cake?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.