Turn on thread page Beta

Rushing into a relationship at uni, how to prevent it when you've kissed & fingered? watch

ReputationRep:
    I'm kinda unoficially seeing this girl, we haven't gone on a date or anything but i met her at uni about a week and a half ago. We've just been hanging out really, she lives in halls right next to my uni halls (like a 1 min distance) so we've seen eachother pretty much every day since we met. She's slept over a mine and me at hers, we hadn't done anything sexual or even kissed until yesterday, before we just hugged and cuddled while watching movies. We used to flirt thought and tease eachother but we only offically kissed or did anything sexual yesterday. We kissed and i fingered her, she's been kinda hinting at a relationship for a while now but while i want one with her i don't want to rush things.

So what do i do, if she sleeps over tonight i can imagine us kissing and furthur again maybe not a far as sex but everything else really. Should i only cuddle with her and refrain from kissing or touching because i want to take it slow and not rush things? Or should i let things continue how they are, because at the rate it's going we probably will have sex really soon and if we do that how can i stop us from rushing things after that?

ReputationRep:
    do whatever you are comfortable with. if you don't want to rush things it may be an good idea to put anything sexual on hold.

ReputationRep:
    next time let her finger you

ReputationRep:
    You don't want to rush things but you've already gotten sexual with her within a week and a bit? I'd say it's already too late to 'not rush things'.
    The next time she comes around, do nothing sexual. Keep it at kissing and that's it.
    If she initiates something sexual, it may also help to say just straight up 'I don't want to rush things'. She'll understand if she's a decent person.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    next time let her finger you
    lmao pal

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Alevelsareboring)
    I'm kinda unoficially seeing this girl, we haven't gone on a date or anything but i met her at uni about a week and a half ago. We've just been hanging out really, she lives in halls right next to my uni halls (like a 1 min distance) so we've seen eachother pretty much every day since we met. She's slept over a mine and me at hers, we hadn't done anything sexual or even kissed until yesterday, before we just hugged and cuddled while watching movies. We used to flirt thought and tease eachother but we only offically kissed or did anything sexual yesterday. We kissed and i fingered her, she's been kinda hinting at a relationship for a while now but while i want one with her i don't want to rush things.

So what do i do, if she sleeps over tonight i can imagine us kissing and furthur again maybe not a far as sex but everything else really. Should i only cuddle with her and refrain from kissing or touching because i want to take it slow and not rush things? Or should i let things continue how they are, because at the rate it's going we probably will have sex really soon and if we do that how can i stop us from rushing things after that?
    Sounds like you don't mind rushing the physical aspects of whatever you have with this girl but not so keen on the emotional aspects, i.e. a relationship.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by h-g-1)
    Sounds like you don't mind rushing the physical aspects of whatever you have with this girl but not so keen on the emotional aspects, i.e. a relationship.
    Not really, i could have tried to have sex last night but i didn't try anything like that because i didn't want to rush things. But i kinda regret fingering her now eventhough i'm the one who intiated it all, she didn't like force my hand down there i did it willingly so essentially it is my fault.

But i dunno, it was kind of a heat of the moment kind of thing, we were kissing and touching and it kind of just naturally progressed to that stage. I definantly regret it now though becasue me kinda saying i want to take things slow kinda seems like i'm giving her mixed signals uno. I really like her and do want a relationship eventually but not for now i just want to continue to hang out. If i just go back to cuddling her and don't kiss or touch her she might think somethings up. Should i just stick strictly to kissing and keep anything sexual to minimum and just say i want to take things slow kinda thing? Will she still expect me to make her my girlfriend soon if we just kiss and don't do anything sexual?

ReputationRep:
    It's simple really. Tell her this.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phunky_fresh)
    do whatever you are comfortable with. if you don't want to rush things it may be an good idea to put anything sexual on hold.
    Yeah that makes sense, maybe i'll just stick strictly to kissing and hugging, or should i just stick strictly to hugging?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryogenic)
    Best Advice, Honesty.

ReputationRep:
    Just stick to fingering, no kissing.

ReputationRep:
    Just be straight with her - tell her that you are not looking for a serious relationship at the moment. Or simply take things lightly from the beginning - you are under no obligation to become passionately emotionally involved with someone just because you have had sex with them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by 1st Love)
    You don't want to rush things but you've already gotten sexual with her within a week and a bit? I'd say it's already too late to 'not rush things'.
    The next time she comes around, do nothing sexual. Keep it at kissing and that's it.
    If she initiates something sexual, it may also help to say just straight up 'I don't want to rush things'. She'll understand if she's a decent person.
    But it's kinda hard given the fact that she's slept in my bed for most of the last week. Alot of the nights we'd just stay up all night talking or watching movies etc and cuddling and there's only so much of that, that can happen before it progresses uno.

I really shouldn't have let my self slip into getting all sexual so soon but there's only so much you can take. We weren't like sitting on different ends of the bed, alot of the times she was sitting on my lap or we were lying really close togther etc so it's difficult. But ima 100% take your advice and keep anything sexual to a minimum and just kiss and cuddle to indicate that i want to take things slowly.

ReputationRep:
    I find it hilarious how the word "finger" overlooks every post in this thread :lol:

ReputationRep:
    I'd finger her bum pal for a laugh

ReputationRep:
    It’s simple really.. We kill the batman.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Hunchey)
    lmao pal
    can't believe I got 8 thumbs ups for that ****

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by SnoochToTheBooch)
    can't believe I got 8 thumbs ups for that ****
    10 now hahahahaha

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Cryogenic)
    i dont know if he should tell her THIS lol

if i found out a guy posted on line that he had fingered me id punch him in the mush lol

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 9, 2012
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.