Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Oh dear, hi everybody! I have an offer of AAB from Warwick! I am so nervous, I keep thinking I will not get the grades! I haven't even started revising yet (minus a full day of it on Monday), I'm still trying to get the best mark I can on 3 coursework modules!

Anybody else feel nervous or scared?:mad: :p:

ReputationRep:
    Of course.
    Everyone will be feeling the way you are now. I know I certainly have sleepless nights at the thought of missing my AAA target. It is unfortunately one of the downfalls that comes with setting your sights so high (which is clearly not a bad thing).

I always find good organisation calms my nerves. Hence, I would urge you to sort a revision timetable out and write down everything you need to cover. For example, my 'TO DO' list at the beginning of easter documented Law Notes/Politics examples (and alot more). I feel this sense of structure helps.

The thing I keep saying is - I do NOT want to get to August 17th and think 'I could have tried harder'.

Don't over do it now though! Make sure you take time for yourself to chill out etc. My sister regards A-level as the most stressful time of her life, so naturally everyone is going to feel some degree of tension.

Good Luck.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by m1kes)
    Of course.
    Everyone will be feeling the way you are now. I know I certainly have sleepless nights at the thought of missing my AAA target. It is unfortunately one of the downfalls that comes with setting your sights so high (which is clearly not a bad thing).

I always find good organisation calms my nerves. Hence, I would urge you to sort a revision timetable out and write down everything you need to cover. For example, my 'TO DO' list at the beginning of easter documented Law Notes/Politics examples (and alot more). I feel this sense of structure helps.

The thing I keep saying is - I do NOT want to get to August 17th and think 'I could have tried harder'.

Don't over do it now though! Make sure you take time for yourself to chill out etc. My sister regards A-level as the most stressful time of her life, so naturally everyone is going to feel some degree of tension.

Good Luck.
    Aww thanks! That helped me! Good luck to you too

ReputationRep:
    Ah the days of A-levels. Man I got so stressed/worried/horribly anxious about not meeting my grades of ABB, well I was pretty confident about my maths but the physics exams I took were actually the hardest exams I've taken to date. I was so worried I was gonna get a C and that my insurance (also with an offer of ABB.....whoops) wouldn't take me.

As for the revision, I distinctly basically not trying for my Gcses, then putting a fair bit of effort into my AS-levels, but for my A2-levels I went crazy and revised for 8-10 hours a day for a few weeks on end. I have to say, it completely paid off, though my confidence when I walked out of my physics exams was at a dead low, when my results came through (AAAB, B for lovely chemistry) I was over the moon.

I completely agree with the whole never wanting to think "I could have tried harder" thing, as I've been in that situation a few times before - it's a mistake you Really want to learn from.

But yeah, revision: don't leave it too late, cos then you have all the time necessary to think, 'right, i need to spend more time on these to really get it down' and generally revise at a casual pace, rather than any late night stuff in the days coming up to the exam - Avoid at all costs!

Good luck & hope what i said was some help, and Warwick is a great place to be so do your bestest to make it - guaranteed worth the hard work.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
Updated: April 13, 2006
Poll
Favourite type of bread

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.