Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah I know there are other introductory threads but mine is just better, okay.

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOO!

ReputationRep:
    You love pasta?? You'll soon change your mind after eating it 24/7 at uni

ReputationRep:
    Holland House is cool apart from the 40 minute bus journey to uni and sharing a kitchen with 50 people.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca28)
    Nonsense.

I am Carb Boy. Fear my wrath!

ReputationRep:
    I'm not an English applicant but I thought I'd appreciate your sexy post and say hi

ReputationRep:
    Hullo i will be studying english and media studies at sussex (positive attitude ) I think pasta rules, so many things you can do with it. Also on you list that i like is vegetarism, clothes- shoppin for, music and wud really like a blue peter badge but tattoes not so keen on as that involves needles!!!!:eek:

Not sure bout Holland house i'm liking east slope it really holds true to the saying: cheap and cheerful

ReputationRep:
    I nearly merged this, but as it's English-specific... :narrows eyes:

Carry on.

ReputationRep:
    Can I post in this thread if I am considering attempting to change from History to English (if it is even possible)?

I too love pasta. I've had it.. almost everyday this week, except yesterday when my Mum got off her lazy arse and made us a roast dinner.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Becca28)
    I've got worse. I put on a stone last term and I'm sure it's owing to coming home from clubbing with insane pasta cravings.

Must do something about that...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by misslibby)
    I've got worse. I put on a stone last term and I'm sure it's owing to coming home from clubbing with insane pasta cravings.

Must do something about that...
    Well it's better craving pasta than going for chips after every night out! It's a habit I need to get out of but damn, the chips taste so good!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hallucination)
    Well it's better craving pasta than going for chips after every night out! It's a habit I need to get out of but damn, the chips taste so good!
    True...My other one is chicken burgers from that place a few doors up from Creation! They taste SO good after a night out

ReputationRep:
    You gorgeous bunch!

Anyone else seen this page?

http://www.sussex.ac.uk/english/1-3-5.html

I've already read half of them, yay!

Pasta is nice, but only with the right sauce yknow? A nice pesto, and lots of cheese. :suith:

ReputationRep:
    Pesto is good but nothing can beat my homemade fresh tomato sauce :p:

ReputationRep:
    Neeeeeeeeeeeeeeevvverrrrrrrrrrrr rrrrrrrrrrrr

ReputationRep:
    Hey guys

I'm going to do English- obviously! (although there seem to be some non-English intruders worming hteir way into this thread:p: )

And I'm so excited cus I just learned how to do this signature/picture/profile thing- whooo!

I love at the moment, the prospect of going to Sussex , the guy that plays Cedric in Harry Potter, any accomodation that isn't shared! Oh and the fact that I dont have to retake my unit 4 exam for lit unlike the majority of the two classes- my heart goes out to you guys

I've been trying to experiment in making my own pasta sauces- hasn't worked too well, I'm gonna die of starvation at uni...

ReputationRep:
    I can make macaroni cheese, but not pasta sauce.

Then again, tesco do cheap pasta sauce. It's less than a pound for one of those jars and you could eat it over about 4 days!

Actually, the good thing about living on campus is we can nip home at lunchtime for cold leftover pasta. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    The only thing that stops you going insane from pasta sauce overload is variety.

Eating the same one over four days will drive you mental.

But pasta sauce is easy. Tin of tomatoes, chopped onions, bit of garlic, a few veggies (frozen peas and carrots are easiest, put I prefer using fresh peppers), a tiny smidge of sugar and bob's your uncle. Whack it all in a pan, simmer it down for a bit, and you have a tasty pasta sauce right there.

And it's nicer and healthier than Tesco Value pasta sauce. Remember that the nearest Tesco is in Lewes, and a ***** to get to. Unless a bunch of you sort out home delivery, it's Sainsbury's for you.

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.