'FernGully The Last Rainforest' Watch

Hayley_2k4
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
I remember for some reason being very very scared of this movie when I was little. I think there was a evil scary tree or something in it, that really freaked me out :confused:. I was just looking thro my old kids vids, and found this movie. I am now going to watch it yes, I am 19, and yes I do sometimes still watch kids vids to relive the good old disney times.

Does anyone remember this movie? or am I the only one?
Cookie_dough
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ferngully was cool and will stay cool forever...i wish i owned it!!! That bat thing in it used to make me laugh sooo much
Clarence
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I lovvveddd that!!!
Hayley_2k4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
glad to see I'm not the only one :p:
RK
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I remember seeing this at the cinema on a children's club one Saturday morning.

It was OK wasn't it? But I remember thinking it was over too quickly..way too short.
=nuke=
Report 13 years ago
I loved this film. :p: It's £3.99 on DVD at Woolworths at the moment. I'm tempted.
Aeris
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I remember this movie. It was pretty good if I remember correctly, shame it wasn't that popular.
Sorani
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I remember for some reason being very very scared of this movie when I was little. I think there was a evil scary tree or something in it, that really freaked me out
Hexxus - he was imprisoned in a tree and the people cutting the trees down let him out. He was like a brownish blob at first that fed on the pollution coming from the 'leveller' I wasn't really scared of him (mainly because it was Tim Curry voicing him) but near the end when it looks like he's been defeated but then he rises up again as a sort of black skeleton with fire burning inside him - that was pretty creepy.
Also Batty rocked and it was fun hearing Robin Williams rap.
wilbur
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I remember this film - it was pretty scary at the time. I used to hate the scene where the evil bloke absorbed the pollution from the machinery and became a massive brown, gooey thing...
Ariadne
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Fern Gully was okay... I loved it as a kid, but I watched it recently and the blatant be eco-friendly message drove me insane. The bat IS cool though, there's no disputing that.
Monkey_Maiden
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I remember this film
Loved it, although a blatent eco friendly message throughout
Bringing it in for my environmental science course at uni next month
FadeToBlackout
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I remember watching it at school, cross-legged on the floor in about year 3...

Not seen it since. As a kid who was fascinated by JCBs, diggers and big yellow machinery of all kinds, I think its eco-message was rather lost on me!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How many uni open days have you been to/did you go to?

0 (99)
29.46%
1 (56)
16.67%
2 (44)
13.1%
3 (53)
15.77%
4 (25)
7.44%
5 (23)
6.85%