Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    So here's a little bit of background; I was on the pill for a year (originally been put on it for painful periods, but I did use it as a contraceptive) and then came off it because it made my breasts horrendously sore and it completely eliminated my periods!

Anyway, since I have come off it, which I believe would have been late June, early July, I had two normal periods like my normal cycle (26 days). Since then, I have had no periods.

I did a pregnancy test and it was negative, also the chances of me being pregnant would have been extremely slim because my boyfriend and I did not have unprotected sex. However I did get symptoms, but as soon as I got a negative test they went away, so I have put that down to me freaking out about being pregnant.

Does anyone know what the hell is wrong with me? Has this happened to anyone else? Let us know, thanks x

ReputationRep:
    sometimes your body takes a while to get back to normal when you start or finish taking the pill. May be worth speaking to your gp and maybe changing to a different pill?

ReputationRep:
    Your body takes a while to adjust after coming off the pill, particularly if you've been on it for a while.
    Is there anything else that might have affected it? Sudden weight loss/gain can affect it, as can stress or worrying about things.
    I wouldn't worry about it too much, if you've had a negative pregnancy test the chances of you being pregnancy are highly unlikely, especially considering you've not had sex without other means of contraception.
    It might be worth going back to your doc and looking at other methods of contraception, because there are lots on offer

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 12, 2012
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.