The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Thank you Aiman :biggrin:
Reply 901
Congratz:biggrin:
Reply 902
I see that Agent Smith is not here when the poll closed contrary to his earlier statement.
Merci, France :biggrin:
Reply 904
I must admit Nightowl, I was one of the few people who didn't vote for you
Thanks for making me feel awkward now :p:
Reply 906
If it makes you feel better you were in the miny part of Eny Meen Miny Moe :smile:
Much better, thanks :biggrin:
aiman
I see that Agent Smith is not here when the poll closed contrary to his earlier statement.
Pedant. :p: I had something to sort out involving some keys and a pair of gloves.
Congratulations, Nightowl. Commiserations to the other candidates, who I hope will not be discouraged from future MUN activity.
nice one Nightowl, congrats
Switzerland has to say how ironic in reaction to this news http://www.swissinfo.org/eng/front/detail/Swiss_put_forward_views_on_Annan_successor.html?siteSect=105&sid=6643152&cKey=1145516675000

First our scretary general then theirs :wink:
Yes, well, that's why I had to step down from this UN... :biggrin:
India offers it's fullest congratulations to the new Secretary General. We have no doubt you will be able to lead the MUN well, and keep up continued activity here.
:congrats:
And it's a pity I lost... and amazing I got 9 votes. Anyone wanna tell me if they voted for me?
Reply 914
And it's a pity I lost... and amazing I got 9 votes. Anyone wanna tell me if they voted for me?

I did.
Reply 915
So when does Nightowl's term start as SG?
Right I made a very cheesy acceptance speech, bare with me :biggrin:

Fellow Representatives, you have elected me to be your next Secretary General.

First, I would like to thanks Agent Smith for doing his spectacular job as Secretary General over the past months, and we can only hope he will remain as active as he has been representing a country/International Seabed Authority.

Secondly, I would like to pay my homage to the other candidates in the election. Brimstone is a tremendous talent, who has become a formidable force in the MUN since he joined, and we can all look forward to constructive debate with him in the coming months. Wootcannon was struck by unfortunate circumstances, in the weeks prior to and during the election; had this not been the case I am sure he would have received a much higher proportion of the vote; we can also look forward to him becoming a more active member representing the UK in the coming weeks and months. Ahmed has not been active recently, reflected in his unfortunate amount of votes. I am sure though that had he been active at all then he would have made a good Secretary General.

As soon as I am given the reigns to the MUN sleigh, I will be starting the process which will eventually, I feel, transform the MUN into a more efficient, active and friendly place to be, it will be known as the TSR MUN III. In addition to this I will add my first addendum to the General Rules, which I hope will clear things up about certain processes in the MUN. I will also immediately start the process into an election for the next Chinese Representative, the first election under these new rules.

This is only the beginning. The TSR MUN is about to get interesting. :smile:
aiman
So when does Nightowl's term start as SG?

Agent's messaged me asking when I would be confortable, I've written back to say I am ready as soon as possible. :smile:

I forogt to add, I would like to congratulate Abstain for a relatively good turnout.
aiman
I did.

:yy: thanks :biggrin:
Reply 919
brimstone
thanks

You're welcome :smile:

Latest

Trending

Trending