Turn on thread page Beta

Why do we wear skinny jeans? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Do people actually like them and the way they look, or are they just an excuse to wear pretty shoes with jeans? The skinny jean style is still current and shops are stocking them in all sorts of summery colours (peach, mint, white). I personally do favour them, being a size 6 (and yes I hate it I want boobs and a bum!) they actually do me favours as they accentuate my girly ballet style femininity, but so many larger women wear them (parsnip legs) and loog atrocious-so why do they? Is it just becuase they are in fashion> i don't wear wrap dresses even though they are in fashion because I just don't have the boobs and would look stupid.

ReputationRep:
    They wear them 'cos of fashion. They aspire to have legs/lower body like the women who first wore 'em. Damn, i nearly puked earlier when i saw some (robust) chick in skinnies.

ReputationRep:
    Also do guys find girls in skinnies nice? I know they can be worn in a feminine way but they don't seem that sexy.

ReputationRep:
    I wear them cos i like them and they tuck into boots throughout the cold days and the winter nights. But in the summer, il probably role them up, they'll make good three quarter lenth jeans etc. If people want to wear skinny jeans then i dont think anyone has the right to laugh at them-they obviously like them. Personally, i think skinny people can look quite disgusting in skinny jeans, legs looking like beanpoles and all that!

ReputationRep:
    Skinnies are cool, but too many people wear em. If i go into college (lcc london) 95% of chicks are wearing em, most of the time more than half of these would look better in suttin' different.

But yeh, it's all about style, if i see a chick who's rocking them with style, daaaaaamn.

ReputationRep:
    I just squeezed into my new pair of skinnies, lol. I'm an 8 - 10. But, damn these ones are tight!

I favour skinnies them because they make my a*se look quite nice and I'm 5' 7" so they "define" my legs and give me a really nice shape

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by so_this_is_sam)
    I wear them cos i like them and they tuck into boots throughout the cold days and the winter nights. But in the summer, il probably role them up, they'll make good three quarter lenth jeans etc. If people want to wear skinny jeans then i dont think anyone has the right to laugh at them-they obviously like them. Personally, i think skinny people can look quite disgusting in skinny jeans, legs looking like beanpoles and all that!
    That's quite a contradiction there - we don't have the right to laugh at people in skinny jeans, but we can insult skinny people who wear them by saying they look disgusting.

Anyway, I don't know why people wear them, if they look awful just don't do it, people!

ReputationRep:
    People will always wear things that aren't best suited to them in the name of fashion. I wear skinny jeans because i prefer them and luckily can get away with them, but there are things i don't wear (like capri pants) even though i have the figure because i don't think they suit me.

ReputationRep:
    Good point, I was thinking more the look wear you can see the whole jean and the bit where they go tight around the ankle.

ReputationRep:
    Unless you’re wearing boots over them, they look foul.

ReputationRep:
    i don't wear them, i'd look ridiculous

ReputationRep:
    I thought I might look a bit silly wearing them as I am a size 10-12 but I have long legs and my bum is ok so they accentuate my best features I think. I really like being able to see my shoes too as they look pretty, especially detailed ballet pumps

ReputationRep:
    I honestly think they look better on me than bootcut, they actually seem much more feminine and stylish to me. However I wouldn't wear them if I was bigger than I am now, because they can be very unforgiving!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by bluedreamer)
    Unless you’re wearing boots over them, they look foul.
    Agrees, and if you've got a big butt like me then they look baaaaad. :p:

ReputationRep:
    thats rubbish, how do skinny women look discusting is skinny jeans?
    its completely opposite, fat women look horrible in sinny jeans coz it just shows how fat there legs and arse are
    skinny girls look good, because it shows how skinny they are
    and forgive me if im wrong, but isnt that exactly what every girl wants?

ReputationRep:
    I'm quite slim but for some reason my a*se looks hideously huge in skinny jeans. They flatter my legs though. Damn.

ReputationRep:
    there are a fair number of not just overweight but obese people in my fair city who wear skinnies (I've seen a few boys at it too), and most would rather they didn't.

I love my skinny jeans, i only have two pairs though, and i wear knee length skirts about half the time.

I'm 5'10" and a size 8. i don't wear shorts or capri pants because i dont think they'd suit me.
    fashion can be fun, but essentially it's always best to wear clothes that suit you - hide your flaws and highlight your best bits

ReputationRep:
    I'm a size 8 upper body, 8-10 lower body but pear shaped so bigger legs than upper body. I think skinny jeans should be banned personally :p: but that's entirely because they don't suit me... you must have to be about a size 6 or something!

ReputationRep:
    I suppose it isn't so much size but proportion. Skinnies are better if you are tall.

ReputationRep:
    I love skinny jeans! Have them in gray and black, and find them so comfortable, even though they sometimes don't look it!

I think they flatter my figure, as i'm slim, but have a waist and a bum, so make me look curvacious

I never wear them with flat shoes though, as I have a size 7 feet and would just make them look even bigger! I wear them tucked into my black boots, or with high heels.

Love, love, love them

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.