Rock fans! Watch

Darkened Angel
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Searched the last 5 pages, haven't found a thread dedicated to rock music so thought I'd start one.

My favourite rock band atm is Nirvana, fell in love with them first time I heard them
Also love Coheed and Cambria, 3 Doors Down, ACDC and Guns & Roses.
I've heard a few tracks of Scattered Ink from their MySpace, favourite track would have to be Corners Of The Room, if any hard rock fans haven't heard of them then that I would really recommend checking that song out, it is amazing
=nuke=
Report 13 years ago
I'm sure there's been a similar thread at some point BUT you can't search for 4-letter words anymore so who cares? :p:

Hmmm, rock. Very non-specific. :p: I like Coheed And Cambria and you've mentioned them so I will too, whether they're rock or not. :p:

I just don't get Nirvana. I loved Lithium and quite liked You Know You're Right, but every other track just blurs into one big mess. I can't hear a lot of different between each song.
soulofanewmachine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Rock really is more of an umbrella-term covering a squillion billion different genres :P Nirvana is grunge, for example. I quite like them ... they did kill of Hair Metal, after all... Hooray!
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yep, it's too broad to have any real meaning. Most people would say metal is a rock subgenre, but someone who likes Sepultura probably isn't going to feel he has much in common with someone who likes Belle & Sebastian.
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
I'm sure there's been a similar thread at some point BUT you can't search for 4-letter words anymore so who cares? :p:

Hmmm, rock. Very non-specific. :p: I like Coheed And Cambria and you've mentioned them so I will too, whether they're rock or not. :p:

I just don't get Nirvana. I loved Lithium and quite liked You Know You're Right, but every other track just blurs into one big mess. I can't hear a lot of different between each song.
I was in a very cba mood yesterday so couldn't be asked with the search option :p:

And Nirvana doesn't sound at all 'samey' to me
Axiom
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Coheed & Cambria are very good.
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
(Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
I like Coheed And Cambria and you've mentioned them so I will too, whether they're rock or not. :p:
They're prog rock :p:
supernova2
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I dont mind coheed and cambria, theyre an ugly bunch of guys though... saw them at give it a name, the signer soudns like a woman sometimes.
yo-less
Report 13 years ago
Mmmm...Nirvana. Pity about Kurt Cobain though

Mmmm*2...Guns N Roses Slash rocks. The end of November Rain gets me hyper:eek:
soulofanewmachine
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
The entirety of November Rain makes me weep. And not because it's sad. Just because it's so bloody awful :P
FireDeuce
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeaaa Coheed and Cambria. They are awesome.

Very true about the ugly guys though, although I must admit, last time I saw Mic he looked very good with his strapping new haircut. Not hot though.
Axiom
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by supernova2)
I dont mind coheed and cambria, theyre an ugly bunch of guys though... saw them at give it a name, the signer soudns like a woman sometimes.
Listen to early Rush, highest singer I've heard.
Decent_Jam
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Axiom)
Listen to early Rush, highest singer I've heard.
Higher than Bellamy (sorry if spellings off i cba 2 check)

I'd say, like many others (though probably many more disagree), that Nirvana are way overrated, if Cobain hadn't shot himself they would be nothing in the wider world.

Saying that their Greatest Hits thing is good, can get samey but some good songs no doubt.

Guns n' Roses are overrated too (sorry to be a one chord banjo) because you only have to look at their greatest hits and see there are THREE covers (all of which are poor) to see that, obviously Welcome to the Jungle has one of the best intro's ever though.

I like FAAR to many bands to go on, I should post that list of all my albums that I have, anyway enough waffle,

Rock just plain...ROCKS! (duh)
=nuke=
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Decent_Jam)
I'd say, like many others (though probably many more disagree), that Nirvana are way overrated, if Cobain hadn't shot himself they would be nothing in the wider world.
I think Nirvana would be almost as huge as they are now if Kurt hadn't shot himself, but that does seem to give them some kind of special status to a lot of people... the amount of 12 year olds obsessed with the 'was he murdered?' thing is quite frightening.
OMGWTF
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Nirvana are more grunge/punk rock. Look into Pearl Jam or Soundgarden. Foo Fighters are also great (Nirvana's last drummers band after Nirvana (Dave Ghrol)) as are Queens of The Stone Age.
Darkened Angel
Rep:
?
I've got Soundgarden, haven't listened to them much but they sound pretty good. I've never liked Foo Fighters much though.
=nuke=
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by OMGWTF)
Nirvana are more grunge/punk rock. Look into Pearl Jam or Soundgarden. Foo Fighters are also great (Nirvana's last drummers band after Nirvana (Dave Ghrol)) as are Queens of The Stone Age.
Rock is a huge genre, though; surely grunge and the like come under it?
OMGWTF
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah thats what im saying. Nirvana are from another branch, she likes them so maybe she should look into other grunge
=nuke=
Report 13 years ago
Ahhh, I see.
Girl_Anachronism
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by soulofanewmachine)
The entirety of November Rain makes me weep. And not because it's sad. Just because it's so bloody awful :P
Couldn't agree more. They suck. So. Badly. And what gives me the authority to say that? Oh come on. They're rubbish!

I'm more into punk myself. Dare I say.. punk rock.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What's stopping you doing a masters?

It's too expensive (57)
23.36%
My career doesn't need one (33)
13.52%
I'm sick of studying (49)
20.08%
I can't find a course I want to do (6)
2.46%
I don't know enough about them (17)
6.97%