Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    heya

just wonderign if any of you know whetehr we get to put our likes/dislikes etc down on accomodation forms so that we get put with ppl with sane intrests etc for self catered halls, i reallly hope they do thin at notts cos i dont wanna put with a bunch of weirdos ..............
    :confused:

ReputationRep:
    Yes you do. I was actually really fortunate as most of the people in my block have similar interest, but even if they didn't they are such a lovely group that it wouldn't really matter. I find I am much closer to my hall (catered)mates than my course friends, simply because I spend more time with them.

ReputationRep:
    We filled in a form. I was put on a corridor with the most random people ever, bless them. I think we must have been the people who's forms didn't match anyone elses!

In any case, I moved rooms and all is well!

ReputationRep:
    ok cheers!!!

ReputationRep:
    My corridor was really sciency with most people having pretty hardcore subjects. WOuldn't say we shared interests other than that, but seeing as there were 20 people per corridor you can easily find people to get on with!

ReputationRep:
    Was this part of the usual accomodation form? When I applied online there was no sign of anything related to interests on the forum. I'm mildly worried I should have waited for a hard copy form now.

ReputationRep:
    The hard copy looks like the online accomodation form. Or at least I think so - coz the form in the accomodation prospectus was identical to that on the web...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by kashiya)
    The hard copy looks like the online accomodation form. Or at least I think so - coz the form in the accomodation prospectus was identical to that on the web...
    When I filled mine out on the online accomodation form there was no mention of interests etc.

ReputationRep:
    that's right, neither there was such a place on the hard copy.

ReputationRep:
    I filled in the form from the back of the accommodation booklet and got an e-mail to say they're last years forms and everyone has to apply online this year, so you might need to fill in an online form too.

ReputationRep:
    I filled in an online form
    But I have the hard copy too...

ReputationRep:
    I think the interests were filled in on a form we got on results day... don't worry

ReputationRep:
    yes they will, no need to know your interested until they know your in

ReputationRep:
    I've already got my A levels In some ways I wish I could start sorting stuff out now, getting my proper Uni portal access etc.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by exmoorkatie)
    yes they will, no need to know your interested until they know your in
    Ah, unfortunately... There're still the exams

Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.