Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I was wondering if anyone can help... I've been lucky enough to have unconditional offers from Leeds and Manchester and have been pondering for the last 2 weeks which one to choose and I still don't know!

Does anyone study physio at either who could tell me what it's like?... Or does anyone have any advice at all on chosing or have an opinion about either???
    I have been to leeds open day... which was impressive and i looked around manchester met when I had my interview... which again was impressive (tho it was a while ago and I can't remember how much I liked it!)

I've done a previous degree so im not sure which of the courses will be best for me... the problem based learning at manchester or the more traditional course of leeds..... what to do! any help appreciated!!

Dave

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave_A)
    Hello!

I was wondering if anyone can help... I've been lucky enough to have unconditional offers from Leeds and Manchester and have been pondering for the last 2 weeks which one to choose and I still don't know!

Does anyone study physio at either who could tell me what it's like?... Or does anyone have any advice at all on chosing or have an opinion about either???
    I have been to leeds open day... which was impressive and i looked around manchester met when I had my interview... which again was impressive (tho it was a while ago and I can't remember how much I liked it!)

I've done a previous degree so im not sure which of the courses will be best for me... the problem based learning at manchester or the more traditional course of leeds..... what to do! any help appreciated!!

Dave
    personally I'd choose manchester - I wanted to go thbere when I was 18 and I've heard its got even better since then...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Dave_A)
    Hello!

Dave
    Both cities have two universitys so the nightlife is going to awesome at both. Personally i would choose Leeds (sorry jackie!) its such a nice place.

ReputationRep:
    I don't know much about Manchester Met, but Leeds Met is directly next to the other uni, so there is a massive student community and lots going on in the city.

As for the social side, travelling between Leeds and Manchester is really easy, so whichever one you choose you can enjoy the great nightlife in both cities. Wherever you go, I'd say you're in a win-win situation.

ReputationRep:
    well iv seen both unis and i think the manchester course would be better although it depends on what type of person you are e.g how you learn best. its quite hectic getting down oxford road to the university areas and i dont really like that building but i think that the manchester course sounded better...plus the takeaways are jut down the road!

ReputationRep:
    the manchester course is at the elizabeth gaskell, the facilities are good at manchester, but like you said oxford road is a bit mad, im going to leeds to do physiotherapy, but id give anything to go there!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Masterplanner)
    the manchester course is at the elizabeth gaskell, the facilities are good at manchester, but like you said oxford road is a bit mad, im going to leeds to do physiotherapy, but id give anything to go there!
    i actually really liked MMU, the course structure etc and the city in general over Leeds Met. so i would have chosen MMU

ReputationRep:
    ive only looked at MMU and am lucky enough to have been offered a conditional place there, which im going to take up as my firm choice.

i loved MMU, nice place, nice accomodation, friendly staff and sound course.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by shoiab)
    i actually really liked MMU, the course structure etc and the city in general over Leeds Met. so i would have chosen MMU

Why didnt you?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: May 29, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.