Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I am writing consice and detailed notes at the moment but i wanna make sure i remember them 2-3 months later in my January A level exams. How can i consistently ensure that its not "slipping away" from me every day.
    • TSR Group Staff

ReputationRep:
    TSR Group Staff
    I always went down the route of consolidating notes into revision cards then further into flash cards.

TSRs sister site www.getrevising.co.uk allows you to do this at no cost.

If you want to ensure you have learnt this there are also subscriber tools which let you extract key words in your revision cards or notes for you to drag and drop back in.

This kind of active learning is known to be more effective that rereading notes as you are forcing your brain to absorb the context of what you're reading.

Hope this helps

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App

ReputationRep:
    Ignore the advert above.

To remember your notes you need to review them regularly over the next 3 month period. The best way to do this is to go over them the next day quickly so you refresh your memory, then look at them again 1 week later, and then 2 weeks after that and then monthly after that. This will make them stick in your memory.

University open days

• Sheffield Hallam University
    City Campus Postgraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Northumbria University
    All faculties Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
  • Staffordshire University
    Nursing and Midwifery Undergraduate
    Wed, 17 Oct '18
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful revision links

Articles

Writing revision notes

Our top revision articles

Tips and advice on making the most of your study time.

Boomarked book

Superpowered study

Take the hard work out of revising with our masterplan.

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Can you help? Study Help unanswered threadsStudy Help rules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.