Southessex
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Has anyone heard how difficult it is to get graduate housing? My college offered me a room aat Exeter house, but I am going with my husband and 4 kids, so I am on the waiting list for UNiversity family accommodation. I know the list is long, but we got on it in February. Has anyone heard any nightmare or success stories with regard to landing one of these family houses/flats?
Fluffy
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by Southessex)
Has anyone heard how difficult it is to get graduate housing? My college offered me a room aat Exeter house, but I am going with my husband and 4 kids, so I am on the waiting list for UNiversity family accommodation. I know the list is long, but we got on it in February. Has anyone heard any nightmare or success stories with regard to landing one of these family houses/flats?
Does Exeter not have family accommodation? Some of the more mature friendly colleges do.

When I was at Oxford, it was just me and my partner, no kids, but we had no problems getting both coll and uni accommodation (both 1 bed flats).

I guess this is going to be a hard question to answer though, as you're more likely to stay put with a family etc.

In my experience, when it comes to uni accommodation, the 'free-er' you are the better. We were on the 1 bed flat list for about 4 weeks before we were offered a flat at Rewley Abbey Court. We got it, because the myriad of people ahead of us were not in a position to move...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (51)
35.66%
I really love the subject (39)
27.27%
I don't know what else to do (19)
13.29%
I can't get a job (8)
5.59%
My parents want me to (3)
2.1%