Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Unis in Europe watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Hello!

I would appreciate your opinion on which Universities are well reputed in Europe in the field of diplomacy, international relations, and subjects like PPE (Philosophy, Politics, Economics), especially for undergraduate studies.

I know that in the U.K. unis like LSE and Oxbridge are the most selected.
    But at European level? Is there any sort of ranking?

Is it better to go as an undergrad to Bocconi University (Italy) or to Sciences Po (France), or even to the Sankt Gallen (Switzerland)? Is LSE better than all those together?
    What others are good on European "mainland"?

(edit: sorry, posted on the wrong subforum. Could the mods please move this to International Study? Sorry again for the inconvenience!!!)

ReputationRep:
    It depends a lot on where you want to work. The likes of Bocconi and Sankt Gallen aren't exactly well known in the UK so if you want to work here a good UK university would be a much better option.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by LH)
    It depends a lot on where you want to work. The likes of Bocconi and Sankt Gallen aren't exactly well known in the UK so if you want to work here a good UK university would be a much better option.
    Does it depend on where you want to work even if it's undergraduate?
    I do undergrad at e.g. Bocconi, and then a Master e.g. at Warwick, can I still have opportunities in both countries?
    And which are more "internationally" recognized?

ReputationRep:
    Switzerland will be very expensive, the living that is.

ReputationRep:
    LSE is clearly the best in Europe, especially if you are looking at Economics. Arguably it is the best in the world for economics. Oxbridge unis are both excellent places, but arguably people purchase their place in those institutions (no comment). Other than that, there is Sorbonne(France), ETH Zurich(Switzherland), Bauman Technical University(Russia)

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by alexeynechaev)
    Oxbridge unis are both excellent places, but arguably people purchase their place in those institutions (no comment).
    Are you joking?

Poll
Do I go to The Streets tomorrow night?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.