TheEntertainer
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hello!

I would appreciate your opinion on which Universities are well reputed in Europe in the field of diplomacy, international relations, and subjects like PPE (Philosophy, Politics, Economics), especially for undergraduate studies.

I know that in the U.K. unis like LSE and Oxbridge are the most selected.
But at European level? Is there any sort of ranking?

Is it better to go as an undergrad to Bocconi University (Italy) or to Sciences Po (France), or even to the Sankt Gallen (Switzerland)? Is LSE better than all those together?
What others are good on European "mainland"?

(edit: sorry, posted on the wrong subforum. Could the mods please move this to International Study? Sorry again for the inconvenience!!!)
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It depends a lot on where you want to work. The likes of Bocconi and Sankt Gallen aren't exactly well known in the UK so if you want to work here a good UK university would be a much better option.
TheEntertainer
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
(Original post by LH)
It depends a lot on where you want to work. The likes of Bocconi and Sankt Gallen aren't exactly well known in the UK so if you want to work here a good UK university would be a much better option.
Does it depend on where you want to work even if it's undergraduate?
I do undergrad at e.g. Bocconi, and then a Master e.g. at Warwick, can I still have opportunities in both countries?
And which are more "internationally" recognized?
Inflation
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Switzerland will be very expensive, the living that is.
Who?
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
LSE is clearly the best in Europe, especially if you are looking at Economics. Arguably it is the best in the world for economics. Oxbridge unis are both excellent places, but arguably people purchase their place in those institutions (no comment). Other than that, there is Sorbonne(France), ETH Zurich(Switzherland), Bauman Technical University(Russia)
LH
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by alexeynechaev)
Oxbridge unis are both excellent places, but arguably people purchase their place in those institutions (no comment).
Are you joking?
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (207)
53.08%
No (183)
46.92%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed