Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    I want to get a pair of good football boots for grass games, but which type should I get? Budget of no more than £40 preferably!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I want to get a pair of good football boots for grass games, but which type should I get? Budget of no more than £40 preferably!
    adidas predator - i think you can get the cheapest version for around 40 pounds on sale adidas predators really rock, the rubber patch on the boot makes swerving freekicks much better, as shown by beckham

however if there are none for sale get the nike zoom60

ReputationRep:
    To get 'good' boots, leather ones, you need to pay a little more unfortunately. You'll probably be able to find a pair in a sale though

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheWolf)
    adidas predator - i think you can get the cheapest version for around 40 pounds on sale adidas predators really rock, the rubber patch on the boot makes swerving freekicks much better, as shown by beckham

i mean the nike zoom total 90, there are cheap versions as well only around 20 quid

ReputationRep:

How much are the nike zoom60s? I don't want to spend too much cos it's from my student loan. The boots won't be cheaper if you are size 5, will they?

ReputationRep:
    Try eBay, cheap and cheerful or what!?

Probably the Total 90s or the Mercurial Vapors (Ronaldo has them in blue)...

If you want cheap, Umbro it is...

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ZJuwelH)
    Try eBay, cheap and cheerful or what!?

Probably the Total 90s or the Mercurial Vapors (Ronaldo has them in blue)...

If you want cheap, Umbro it is...
    go to a sports shop preferably a big one, check out the cheap version of 'adidas predator', i think there might be some for sale.

lol yea mercurial vapor is very cool but i advise you not to wear it unless you are a striker, it is very small and uncomfortable for me, not ideal for tackling..etc

ReputationRep:
    go to a sports shop preferably a big one, check out the cheap version of 'adidas predator', i think there might be some for sale.

lol yea mercurial vapor is very cool but i advise you not to wear it unless you are a striker, it is very small and uncomfortable for me, not ideal for tackling..etc
    I play midfield, sometimes striker, so I guess not the mercurial vapour then.

ReputationRep:
    i mean the nike zoom total 90, there are cheap versions as well only around 20 quid
    Are they good?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    I play midfield, sometimes striker, so I guess not the mercurial vapour then.
    Plus they'd probably trample on your budget, I'd go for the Total 90s if you could. Worn by Totti, Roberto Carlos, Henry (or does Henry wear Mercurial...)...

ReputationRep:
    Plus they'd probably trample on your budget, I'd go for the Total 90s if you could. Worn by Totti, Roberto Carlos, Henry (or does Henry wear Mercurial...)...
    How much are the total 90s?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    How much are the total 90s?
    I just tried looking at kitbag.com, you don't wanna go there...

Don't know how much the high street would have them for, best to look.

ReputationRep:
    When you get home with your new boots, put them on in a bath full of water. They will fit much better as they'll mould to your feet. Clean your boots after every play, and use dubbin' after as well.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by hornblower)
    When you get home with your new boots, put them on in a bath full of water. They will fit much better as they'll mould to your feet. Clean your boots after every play, and use dubbin' after as well.
    Ahh, I always forget tp clean my boots. *Makes a meantal reminder*. What's dubbin'?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Xenon)
    Ahh, I always forget tp clean my boots. *Makes a meantal reminder*. What's dubbin'?
    Dubbin' is some special wax for football boots. You can find tins of it in sports shops, near the football boots.

ReputationRep:
    henry indeed wears mercurial

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.