This discussion is closed.
Xenon
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 16 years ago
I want to get a pair of good football boots for grass games, but which type should I get? Budget of no more than £40 preferably!
TheWolf
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I want to get a pair of good football boots for grass games, but which type should I get? Budget of no more than £40 preferably!
adidas predator - i think you can get the cheapest version for around 40 pounds on sale adidas predators really rock, the rubber patch on the boot makes swerving freekicks much better, as shown by beckham

however if there are none for sale get the nike zoom60
jammyd
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
To get 'good' boots, leather ones, you need to pay a little more unfortunately. You'll probably be able to find a pair in a sale though
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by TheWolf)
adidas predator - i think you can get the cheapest version for around 40 pounds on sale adidas predators really rock, the rubber patch on the boot makes swerving freekicks much better, as shown by beckham

i mean the nike zoom total 90, there are cheap versions as well only around 20 quid
Xenon
Rep:
?

How much are the nike zoom60s? I don't want to spend too much cos it's from my student loan. The boots won't be cheaper if you are size 5, will they?
Juwel
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
Try eBay, cheap and cheerful or what!?

Probably the Total 90s or the Mercurial Vapors (Ronaldo has them in blue)...

If you want cheap, Umbro it is...
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by ZJuwelH)
Try eBay, cheap and cheerful or what!?

Probably the Total 90s or the Mercurial Vapors (Ronaldo has them in blue)...

If you want cheap, Umbro it is...
go to a sports shop preferably a big one, check out the cheap version of 'adidas predator', i think there might be some for sale.

lol yea mercurial vapor is very cool but i advise you not to wear it unless you are a striker, it is very small and uncomfortable for me, not ideal for tackling..etc
Xenon
Rep:
?
go to a sports shop preferably a big one, check out the cheap version of 'adidas predator', i think there might be some for sale.

lol yea mercurial vapor is very cool but i advise you not to wear it unless you are a striker, it is very small and uncomfortable for me, not ideal for tackling..etc
I play midfield, sometimes striker, so I guess not the mercurial vapour then.
Xenon
Rep:
?
i mean the nike zoom total 90, there are cheap versions as well only around 20 quid
Are they good?
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
I play midfield, sometimes striker, so I guess not the mercurial vapour then.
Plus they'd probably trample on your budget, I'd go for the Total 90s if you could. Worn by Totti, Roberto Carlos, Henry (or does Henry wear Mercurial...)...
Xenon
Rep:
?
Plus they'd probably trample on your budget, I'd go for the Total 90s if you could. Worn by Totti, Roberto Carlos, Henry (or does Henry wear Mercurial...)...
How much are the total 90s?
Juwel
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
How much are the total 90s?
I just tried looking at kitbag.com, you don't wanna go there...

Don't know how much the high street would have them for, best to look.
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
When you get home with your new boots, put them on in a bath full of water. They will fit much better as they'll mould to your feet. Clean your boots after every play, and use dubbin' after as well.
Xenon
Rep:
?
(Original post by hornblower)
When you get home with your new boots, put them on in a bath full of water. They will fit much better as they'll mould to your feet. Clean your boots after every play, and use dubbin' after as well.
Ahh, I always forget tp clean my boots. *Makes a meantal reminder*. What's dubbin'?
hornblower
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
(Original post by Xenon)
Ahh, I always forget tp clean my boots. *Makes a meantal reminder*. What's dubbin'?
Dubbin' is some special wax for football boots. You can find tins of it in sports shops, near the football boots.
TheWolf
Rep:
?
Report 16 years ago
henry indeed wears mercurial
X
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should the rest of the UK follow the Scottish Results changes announced?

Yes they should (97)
53.59%
No they should not (64)
35.36%
Abstain (20)
11.05%

Watched Threads