Turn on thread page Beta

Anyone think these are good results? watch

ReputationRep:
    Well, too continue studying at my school for sixthform you need 5 C's (easy and my school is a top sixthform with a 92% pass rate). Im not worried about getting into sixthform, just what your views on my predicted grades are.

English: A for both ( and I got an A* in one of my courseworks)
    Science: C for both
    Maths: (heres the thing, i was predicted a C but got moved down to foundation, so I plan on retaking Maths in sixthform)
    Art: (B)
    Media (A*)
    Business Studies (C for both) and also, it will be nice if someone can help me out with this question, "how will the euros introduction into the economy affect prices)
    Spanish (c but with two B coursworks)
    Graphics : predicted a B but lost half my 60% coursework so that will dramatically decrease my grade.

In the future I wish to be a journalist or something in the Media and im taking Media, English Lang and Lit, Photography and retake Maths for sixthform.
    so...

So....

ReputationRep:
    They're certainly not bad grades - above average in most cases and well above in some...Your strongest subjects seem to be inclined towards the career path you want to take, so I think they're not bad for what you want to do.
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    They're ok, what were you thinking of doing at uni - i'd recommend eng for a media career so if you get good grades in these that will help.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, they're good. A few As and Bs and the rest Cs, the best grades in the subjects you want to carry on with and no bad grades, although make sure you get a C when you retake maths in case you need it for uni/jobs.

ReputationRep:
    "good results" ? I would say so.
    Judging by the fact your grades are probably in the top 30% of the candidates for GCSES this year, also considering 60+% of the nation fail to reach 5 A*-C's; i may be wrong, but i heard its true.

ReputationRep:
    Yeah they are really good. Make sure you get maths next year though is stupidly important!

ReputationRep:
    Yeah, I know. It sucks that you can only get a D in foundation and even more so that I need atleast a C in it to get into a good uni even if what i want to study involves nothing mathematically related. sucks, i tell ya.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by TheTurd)
    Well, too continue studying at my school for sixthform you need 5 C's (easy and my school is a top sixthform with a 92% pass rate). Im not worried about getting into sixthform, just what your views on my predicted grades are.

English: A for both ( and I got an A* in one of my courseworks)
    Science: C for both
    Maths: (heres the thing, i was predicted a C but got moved down to foundation, so I plan on retaking Maths in sixthform)
    Art: (B)
    Media (A*)
    Business Studies (C for both) and also, it will be nice if someone can help me out with this question, "how will the euros introduction into the economy affect prices)
    Spanish (c but with two B coursworks)
    Graphics : predicted a B but lost half my 60% coursework so that will dramatically decrease my grade.

In the future I wish to be a journalist or something in the Media and im taking Media, English Lang and Lit, Photography and retake Maths for sixthform.
    so...

So....
    They're not bad grades, but on the other hand, they're not great. But I'm sure you'll do well enough in the real thing to get into sixth form.

ReputationRep:
    Seems to me like you are looking for praise asking if the results are good when you can clearly see they are excellent, you have to get them first though. Anyway I want to be a journalist too and am taking pretty much the same stuff as you when I go to college, good luck.

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn't say they're excellent grades (no disrespect), through hard work (judging by some of your grades you're definetly capable of doing well) you can up those C's to at least B's. Most teachers say you should up a grade in the real GCSE from the mocks.

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

Study tools

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Thinking about uni already?

Thinking about uni already?

See where you can apply with our uni match tool

Student chat

Ask a question

Chat to other GCSE students and get your study questions answered.

Creating

Make study resources

Create all the resources you need to get the grades.

Planner

Create your own Study Plan

Organise all your homework and exams so you never miss another deadline.

Resources by subject

From flashcards to mind maps; there's everything you need for all of your GCSE subjects.

Papers

Find past papers

100s of GCSE past papers for all your subjects at your fingertips.

Help out other students

Can you help? Study help unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.