Anyone think these are good results? Watch

TheTurd
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Well, too continue studying at my school for sixthform you need 5 C's (easy and my school is a top sixthform with a 92% pass rate). Im not worried about getting into sixthform, just what your views on my predicted grades are.

English: A for both ( and I got an A* in one of my courseworks)
Science: C for both
Maths: (heres the thing, i was predicted a C but got moved down to foundation, so I plan on retaking Maths in sixthform)
Art: (B)
Media (A*)
Business Studies (C for both) and also, it will be nice if someone can help me out with this question, "how will the euros introduction into the economy affect prices)
Spanish (c but with two B coursworks)
Graphics : predicted a B but lost half my 60% coursework so that will dramatically decrease my grade.

In the future I wish to be a journalist or something in the Media and im taking Media, English Lang and Lit, Photography and retake Maths for sixthform.
so...

So....
ZJ1990
Report 13 years ago
They're certainly not bad grades - above average in most cases and well above in some...Your strongest subjects seem to be inclined towards the career path you want to take, so I think they're not bad for what you want to do.
alispam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
They're ok, what were you thinking of doing at uni - i'd recommend eng for a media career so if you get good grades in these that will help.
kellywood_5
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah, they're good. A few As and Bs and the rest Cs, the best grades in the subjects you want to carry on with and no bad grades, although make sure you get a C when you retake maths in case you need it for uni/jobs.
MisterE
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
"good results" ? I would say so.
Judging by the fact your grades are probably in the top 30% of the candidates for GCSES this year, also considering 60+% of the nation fail to reach 5 A*-C's; i may be wrong, but i heard its true.
XxJaninexX
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Yeah they are really good. Make sure you get maths next year though is stupidly important!
TheTurd
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Yeah, I know. It sucks that you can only get a D in foundation and even more so that I need atleast a C in it to get into a good uni even if what i want to study involves nothing mathematically related. sucks, i tell ya.
Yabasic
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by TheTurd)
Well, too continue studying at my school for sixthform you need 5 C's (easy and my school is a top sixthform with a 92% pass rate). Im not worried about getting into sixthform, just what your views on my predicted grades are.

English: A for both ( and I got an A* in one of my courseworks)
Science: C for both
Maths: (heres the thing, i was predicted a C but got moved down to foundation, so I plan on retaking Maths in sixthform)
Art: (B)
Media (A*)
Business Studies (C for both) and also, it will be nice if someone can help me out with this question, "how will the euros introduction into the economy affect prices)
Spanish (c but with two B coursworks)
Graphics : predicted a B but lost half my 60% coursework so that will dramatically decrease my grade.

In the future I wish to be a journalist or something in the Media and im taking Media, English Lang and Lit, Photography and retake Maths for sixthform.
so...

So....
They're not bad grades, but on the other hand, they're not great. But I'm sure you'll do well enough in the real thing to get into sixth form.
Legend22
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Seems to me like you are looking for praise asking if the results are good when you can clearly see they are excellent, you have to get them first though. Anyway I want to be a journalist too and am taking pretty much the same stuff as you when I go to college, good luck.
chugger
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I wouldn't say they're excellent grades (no disrespect), through hard work (judging by some of your grades you're definetly capable of doing well) you can up those C's to at least B's. Most teachers say you should up a grade in the real GCSE from the mocks.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (54)
34.62%
I really love the subject (42)
26.92%
I don't know what else to do (20)
12.82%
I can't get a job (11)
7.05%
My parents want me to (4)
2.56%