Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Since I have been home from uni for easter I have done about 10 minutes worth of work. At uni I feel really motivated and get my essays done a week or sometimes 2 weeks early :eek: Ive got a 2000 word essay and a 3000 word risk asessment report due in on the first day back so I must get my arse into gear!! Does anyone else have this problem? Or have you all done all your work/loads of revision already?

ReputationRep:
    Same problem here. Have a prelim next week at college and have read 1 book and a fraction of the notes I was supposed to. Oops!

ReputationRep:
    Ditto. 4000 words to do for Wednesday.

Off to the pub in half an hour.

Whoops.

ReputationRep:
    Indeed i ahve many essays to do...

...and i haven't even gone home

ReputationRep:
    1000 word report in for next Wednesday...so far, 0 words completed. Am nearing the end of my second week doing nothing!

ReputationRep:
    I've done loads of work and revision but still miles behind where I want to be!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by xXMessedUpXx)
    Indeed i ahve many essays to do...

...and i haven't even gone home
    :p: :p: Trouble is I'd get them done if I was there. I think theres something in the air at home, it makes me lazy.

I must do some tonight

ReputationRep:
    Same as, got sooo much to revise for but I just can't ever be bothered, it's really annoying now lol

ReputationRep:
    I can't get motivation either which is bad since I have finals soon!! I really want to do better than I did last year, and I think I'm doing a bit more work so far, but it's really hard when I see how much there is to do and I start panicking about not finishing it! Hopefully when I get back to uni, everyone will be in the library and I'll have no choice but to work. Am a bit worried about feeling really pressured and getting stressed out though

ReputationRep:
    There's loads of work I planned to get down this easter, but so far I have done hardly any. I think I might go back a couple of days earlier when no one is around and hopefully that will motivate me to get something done.

ReputationRep:
    oh dear two exams the end of next week and will have had a 5 week easter break to fit in plenty of revision... for some reason my motivation to work all day, day after day has been pretty terrible. Been working a fair bit this week, but still, my brain obviously hasn't yet realised that its kinda important to do well in exams.

ReputationRep:
    i have 7 exams in a weeks time. have to be doing a ridiculous amount of time, its never gona all get learned tho, its actually impossible.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by wednesburywench)
    i have 7 exams in a weeks time. have to be doing a ridiculous amount of time, its never gona all get learned tho, its actually impossible.
    :eek: :eek: Sounds horrible.

Wooo, Ive done about 1000 words for my risk asessment report. Must do more though cos I have another essay after this. Thankfully I was uber organised with my other 2 essays due in after easter and did them at uni last semester

ReputationRep:
    Have found a way of helping with exam revision is to do past papers periodically, and see how much more I can do each time. That's one of the few things which seems to motivate me...:rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I'm exactly the same, I just don't work at home. I come back with lots of good intentions and all my books... but somehow I find myself with a week to go and not a single book unpacked :rolleyes: I don't know what it is but I just don't manage to sit down and work when I'm here.

ReputationRep:
    im TRYING to work!! my exams are now in THREE weeks! argh! I really don't want to fail- and have to be doing resits during my holidays! how yuck would that be!

I can't get my head into it either- one day id do a good days work, and then somedays crap- for instance today- i noly covered two lectures! If i want to have covered all my lectures by the exams i should be aiming at 15-20 a day!

Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources
Uni match

Applying to uni?

Our tool will help you find the perfect course

Articles:

Debate and current affairs guidelinesDebate and current affairs wiki

Quick link:

Educational debate unanswered threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.