The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Not true about the Christians birth control stuff. It is Catholics that oppose birth control, other denominations seem fine.
Champagne-Dahling
Anyone else have doubts about this story?:cool:

me.

something doesn't seem right about it...
girlafraid
me.

something doesn't seem right about it...

lol i know what you mean but its still a nice story :biggrin:
Reply 43
Wow... this story really does seem too unbelievable to be true , but congrats all the same.
Reply 44
hmm..it does seem odd that this dad, who is so religious he is ignoring his own wife for supporting their son's sexual relationship, went out and spent the night before good friday in a pub getting drunk. And that this guy is getting catholic beliefs confused with general christian belief. Christians generally are not against birth control. My mum is catholic but makes sure we use protection because for her my health is more important. But who am i to make any judgement. If it's true then i wish you both the best of luck :-)
Well good luck with that marriage! im 17 and far too young to get married, it sems crazy to me! but everyones different i suppose and if thats what you both want!!
Prime example of why religion is clearly for the insane.
Reply 47
Champagne-Dahling
Anyone else have doubts about this story?:cool:

yes.. majorly .. someone is very sad and bored :<
i dont doubt anything with religious ppl, there sanity knows no bounds. I beleive it.
Reply 49
congrats and i hope you work it out with your dad
Reply 50
Anonymous
i dont doubt anything with religious ppl, there sanity knows no bounds. I beleive it.

Why post anonymously, if youre throwing around your point of view and opinions, at least have the balls to take responsibility for them.
Reply 51
Yeah
yes.. majorly .. someone is very sad and bored :<

And attention seeking.
Reply 52
Wow this is a heavy discussion

Coming from a Christian family who wanted the same for me I kind of understand where your coming from, me and my girlfriend were planning on waiting but I guess hormones got in the way, we ended up having sex roughly 2 years into our relationship I told my dad (he was fairly ok about it) Mum was upset but I guess there was nothing they could do about it. Where you parents Christian from a young age that kind of affects there attitude my parents became at a later point in life so they understand the sexual liberation that our modern society!!

I think its cool your getting married, I got some friends getting married in a couple of months both under 20, they don’t have much of a career at the moment but sometimes I guess all you need is love and a little help from your friends & family.

Good luck!