blurboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Well, actually I'm not confused but rather ignorant! Im international and for the past year I've been doing the Cambridge International Examination (CIE) under UCLES. So now, what is my examintaion body? And what is AQA, Edxell etc..
I just need to know. Can someone please explain it to me?
alispam
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Not sure about the international side of it but normally there are many different exam boards and you will do one of them for your exam - they set the papers and mark them. The main boards include AQA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC. e.g. i do history and maths with Edxcel, biology with AQA and chemistry with OCR. You could do these subjects with different boards it depends on your school.
sandettielightvessel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
(Original post by blurboy)
Well, actually I'm not confused but rather ignorant! Im international and for the past year I've been doing the Cambridge International Examination (CIE) under UCLES. So now, what is my examintaion body? And what is AQA, Edxell etc..
It will always say on the front of the paper, generally the body's logo will be there prominently. It often says too "The awarding body for this paper is AQA/OCR/whatever"
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
UCLES is an exam board.
Knogle
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Your exam board is UCLES. It's one of the options on the UCAS application form.
blurboy
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Ok. Now I've got that straight but why isn't there many people taking Alevels under UCLES in TSR?
Mustard-man
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
Ok. Now I've got that straight but why isn't there many people taking Alevels under UCLES in TSR?
I think this board is for internationals, although edexcel is international as well....
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
It's simple, yet difficult to explain. UCLES awards qualifications through OCR, CIE, and ESOL.

OCR is one of the four major British awarding bodies, for GCSEs, A-Levels, etc.
CIE is the a body which awards A-Levels, and IGCSEs internationally.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

University open days

• University of Groningen
    Undergraduate Open Day Undergraduate
    Fri, 31 Jan '20
  • Sheffield Hallam University
    Course Open Day Undergraduate
    Sun, 2 Feb '20
  • University of Bath
    Postgraduate Virtual Open Day 5 February 2020, 11:00-15:00 (UK time) Postgraduate
    Wed, 5 Feb '20

Why do you want to do a masters?

Great for my career (51)
35.92%
I really love the subject (39)
27.46%
I don't know what else to do (19)
13.38%
I can't get a job (8)
5.63%
My parents want me to (3)
2.11%