Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Well, actually I'm not confused but rather ignorant! Im international and for the past year I've been doing the Cambridge International Examination (CIE) under UCLES. So now, what is my examintaion body? And what is AQA, Edxell etc..
    I just need to know. Can someone please explain it to me?
    • PS Helper

ReputationRep:
    PS Helper
    Not sure about the international side of it but normally there are many different exam boards and you will do one of them for your exam - they set the papers and mark them. The main boards include AQA, Edexcel, OCR, WJEC. e.g. i do history and maths with Edxcel, biology with AQA and chemistry with OCR. You could do these subjects with different boards it depends on your school.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blurboy)
    Well, actually I'm not confused but rather ignorant! Im international and for the past year I've been doing the Cambridge International Examination (CIE) under UCLES. So now, what is my examintaion body? And what is AQA, Edxell etc..
    It will always say on the front of the paper, generally the body's logo will be there prominently. It often says too "The awarding body for this paper is AQA/OCR/whatever"

ReputationRep:
    UCLES is an exam board.

ReputationRep:
    Your exam board is UCLES. It's one of the options on the UCAS application form.

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Now I've got that straight but why isn't there many people taking Alevels under UCLES in TSR?

ReputationRep:
    Ok. Now I've got that straight but why isn't there many people taking Alevels under UCLES in TSR?
    I think this board is for internationals, although edexcel is international as well....

ReputationRep:
    It's simple, yet difficult to explain. UCLES awards qualifications through OCR, CIE, and ESOL.

OCR is one of the four major British awarding bodies, for GCSEs, A-Levels, etc.
    CIE is the a body which awards A-Levels, and IGCSEs internationally.

students online now

800,000+

Exam discussions

Find your exam discussion here

Poll
Should predicted grades be removed from the uni application process
Help with your A-levels

All the essentials

The adventure begins mug

Student life: what to expect

What it's really like going to uni

Rosette

Essay expert

Learn to write like a pro with our ultimate essay guide.

Uni match

Uni match

Our tool will help you find the perfect course for you

Study planner

Create a study plan

Get your head around what you need to do and when with the study planner tool.

Study planner

Resources by subject

Everything from mind maps to class notes.

Hands typing

Degrees without fees

Discover more about degree-level apprenticeships.

A student doing homework

Study tips from A* students

Students who got top grades in their A-levels share their secrets

Study help links and info

Can you help? Study help unanswered threadsRules and posting guidelines

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.