The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Kernel
Because I don't think I've ever done it.

Maybe you're just an a*sehole?
Reply 2
i dont do ti just for the sake of doing,but if someones got like a jacket or some shoes i like i'll tell them(but not a complete stranger,lol)
Reply 3
I always look at people and think "oh they have really nice such and such"
I dont really tell them though, but yea its normal.

I saw a girl today with hair the colour of coffee. It looked so nice. Told her so as well.
Reply 4
I try to tell people when they look nice/when they've got nice clothes.

I guess a small part of me wants someone to do it to me, and so I like to do it to other people as well.
Reply 5
if someone has got something nice and i liked it, then i just tell them. i think it's absolutely normal.
Reply 6
I do it all the time, whether its at work, on the street or with my friends.
Reply 7
saying it rarely is more valuable than saying it to everyone every minute - try it once in a while though :P doing it never isnt the best :rolleyes:
Reply 8
I probably give at least one compliment a day - and receive one as well! Just saying "ooo your bag/shoes/hair etc is nice today" makes people reallly cheery. Maybe it's because I live in an all-girls environment and we're just like that.
Reply 9
Oh and apparently my love language is the "giving of gifts" (so a hippy friend told me) because I leave notes/cards and presents for people.
i dont like giving compliements to people for the sake of it or if they dont deserve it; which is why i rarely give out compliments. i might think to myself that someone looks good but i wouldnt tell them unless i felt they'd appreciate my compliment. like there are some people who look good all the time and know it and show like they know it and therefore seem arrogant. i definately wouldnt tell them if they looked good or whatever because i hate inflating peoples heads!
Reply 11
ya its normal with the people you know... i dont compliment everyday but if a friend for example gets a new hair style saying a compliment can make them happy so why not :rolleyes:
yeah its normal :smile:

just wishmy bf would do it now and then. just to know he still likes me :frown:
Reply 13
Hmm, I'm gonna take the fact that its just women replying here to mean that it is normal for me not to compliment people. Yay!
Reply 14
I'm such a consummate bastard that my compliments, infrequent though they may be, are generally all that much better-received.
Reply 15
It's pretty normal. Although it took ME a while to realised how happy I could make people just by saying something nice about them.
Reply 16
I do it all the time. I don't think anyone should have so much pride that they can't appreciate things about other people (or express this appreciation) :smile:
Reply 17
I always comment on what people wear and their hair etc.

All the girls in our block come to me to double check that their outfits look good :wink: :smile:
Reply 18
I give compliments sparingly.

It means people actually listen to them.

Latest

Trending

Trending