Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Because I don't think I've ever done it.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Kernel)
    Because I don't think I've ever done it.
    Maybe you're just an a*sehole?

ReputationRep:
    i dont do ti just for the sake of doing,but if someones got like a jacket or some shoes i like i'll tell them(but not a complete stranger,lol)

ReputationRep:
    I always look at people and think "oh they have really nice such and such"
    I dont really tell them though, but yea its normal.

I saw a girl today with hair the colour of coffee. It looked so nice. Told her so as well.

ReputationRep:
    I try to tell people when they look nice/when they've got nice clothes.

I guess a small part of me wants someone to do it to me, and so I like to do it to other people as well.

ReputationRep:
    if someone has got something nice and i liked it, then i just tell them. i think it's absolutely normal.

ReputationRep:
    I do it all the time, whether its at work, on the street or with my friends.

ReputationRep:
    saying it rarely is more valuable than saying it to everyone every minute - try it once in a while though :P doing it never isnt the best :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    I probably give at least one compliment a day - and receive one as well! Just saying "ooo your bag/shoes/hair etc is nice today" makes people reallly cheery. Maybe it's because I live in an all-girls environment and we're just like that.

ReputationRep:
    Oh and apparently my love language is the "giving of gifts" (so a hippy friend told me) because I leave notes/cards and presents for people.

ReputationRep:
    i dont like giving compliements to people for the sake of it or if they dont deserve it; which is why i rarely give out compliments. i might think to myself that someone looks good but i wouldnt tell them unless i felt they'd appreciate my compliment. like there are some people who look good all the time and know it and show like they know it and therefore seem arrogant. i definately wouldnt tell them if they looked good or whatever because i hate inflating peoples heads!

ReputationRep:
    ya its normal with the people you know... i dont compliment everyday but if a friend for example gets a new hair style saying a compliment can make them happy so why not :rolleyes:

ReputationRep:
    yeah its normal

just wishmy bf would do it now and then. just to know he still likes me

ReputationRep:
    Hmm, I'm gonna take the fact that its just women replying here to mean that it is normal for me not to compliment people. Yay!

ReputationRep:
    I'm such a consummate ******* that my compliments, infrequent though they may be, are generally all that much better-received.

ReputationRep:
    It's pretty normal. Although it took ME a while to realised how happy I could make people just by saying something nice about them.

ReputationRep:
    I do it all the time. I don't think anyone should have so much pride that they can't appreciate things about other people (or express this appreciation)

ReputationRep:
    I always comment on what people wear and their hair etc.

All the girls in our block come to me to double check that their outfits look good

ReputationRep:
    I give compliments sparingly.

It means people actually listen to them.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 14, 2006
Poll
“Yanny” or “Laurel”

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.