Is it normal to compliment people? Watch

Kernel
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Because I don't think I've ever done it.
Mark S
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Kernel)
Because I don't think I've ever done it.
Maybe you're just an a*sehole?
kitty_koo
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i dont do ti just for the sake of doing,but if someones got like a jacket or some shoes i like i'll tell them(but not a complete stranger,lol)
FireDeuce
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I always look at people and think "oh they have really nice such and such"
I dont really tell them though, but yea its normal.

I saw a girl today with hair the colour of coffee. It looked so nice. Told her so as well.
Doodahdoo
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I try to tell people when they look nice/when they've got nice clothes.

I guess a small part of me wants someone to do it to me, and so I like to do it to other people as well.
sadaf
Badges: 0
Report 12 years ago
if someone has got something nice and i liked it, then i just tell them. i think it's absolutely normal.
Dude
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I do it all the time, whether its at work, on the street or with my friends.
gemby!
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
saying it rarely is more valuable than saying it to everyone every minute - try it once in a while though :P doing it never isnt the best :rolleyes:
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I probably give at least one compliment a day - and receive one as well! Just saying "ooo your bag/shoes/hair etc is nice today" makes people reallly cheery. Maybe it's because I live in an all-girls environment and we're just like that.
blissy
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Oh and apparently my love language is the "giving of gifts" (so a hippy friend told me) because I leave notes/cards and presents for people.
littlemissalex
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
i dont like giving compliements to people for the sake of it or if they dont deserve it; which is why i rarely give out compliments. i might think to myself that someone looks good but i wouldnt tell them unless i felt they'd appreciate my compliment. like there are some people who look good all the time and know it and show like they know it and therefore seem arrogant. i definately wouldnt tell them if they looked good or whatever because i hate inflating peoples heads!
In Love
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
ya its normal with the people you know... i dont compliment everyday but if a friend for example gets a new hair style saying a compliment can make them happy so why not :rolleyes:
xXMessedUpXx
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
yeah its normal

just wishmy bf would do it now and then. just to know he still likes me
Kernel
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hmm, I'm gonna take the fact that its just women replying here to mean that it is normal for me not to compliment people. Yay!
Profesh
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I'm such a consummate ******* that my compliments, infrequent though they may be, are generally all that much better-received.
Aeris
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
It's pretty normal. Although it took ME a while to realised how happy I could make people just by saying something nice about them.
Adhsur
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I do it all the time. I don't think anyone should have so much pride that they can't appreciate things about other people (or express this appreciation)
Lush Law
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I always comment on what people wear and their hair etc.

All the girls in our block come to me to double check that their outfits look good
L i b
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I give compliments sparingly.

It means people actually listen to them.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

The new Gillette ad. Is it:

Man-hating bullsh*t (130)
46.43%
Pro-humanity (150)
53.57%

Watched Threads