Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Chili Peppers - anyone know the deal with this free gig on Sat? watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    When do I need to start camping outside BBC TV centre?

ReputationRep:
    bump

I thought you had to ring in and win tickets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    I thought you had to ring in and win tickets.
    Says it's first come first served in tonight's Standard :confused:

Wow, really? Perhaps they're giving away tickets that way AND getting people to phone in (because people have been phoning in for tickets all week).

ReputationRep:
    Wow, really? Perhaps they're giving away tickets that way AND getting people to phone in (because people have been phoning in for tickets all week).
    I am soooo behind the times, today is the first I've heard of it - what a berk

Edit: Have checked the Radio 1 website and it claims the gig is actually tomorrow at a secret location, by ticket only. And yet in the Standard there's a 90 minute gig advertised outside BBC TV Centre on Saturday 15th, first come first served - REALLY confused now!

Hehehe, they've been going on about it on Radio 1 for weeks. :p:

ReputationRep:
    Just had to check the paper again in case I was hallucinating and it quite clearly says:

Red Hot Chili Peppers
    Free 90 minute live gig organised by Top of the Pops, 15 April, outside the BBC, Wood Lane W12. From 5.30 pm. First come first served.

WTF?

This is on page 11 of tonight's Evening Standard.

Hmmm, interesting. I don't remember hearing about people being able to just turn up or anything, and I listen to Radio 1 a lot. I'd get to the venue quick if I were you. :p: That does make it sound like you can just turn up until they run out of space or something.

ReputationRep:
    Hmmm, interesting. I don't remember hearing about people being able to just turn up or anything, and I listen to Radio 1 a lot. I'd get to the venue quick if I were you. :p: That does make it sound like you can just turn up until they run out of space or something.

:eek: can't face prospect of two nights camping out in white city tho!

ReputationRep:
    There is a secret gig at a small venue tonight, which is for Radio 1 competition winners, industry insiders etc. I doubt this is what's being advertised in the newspaper as it's, y'know, secret.

I'm sure there will be hundreds of free gigs and TV appearences in the coming weeks though, as there are every time they release something new. I'm certain they have some special contract with the BBC, they plug them like crazy every time they have any new material.

ReputationRep:
    I think it said something about you had to be a silver or gold fanclub member to get tickets... check www.redhotchilipeppers.com

ReputationRep:
    "Contest only"

https://tickets.redhotchilipeppers.com/

Ah, so Radio 1 were giving away tickets. I think Power FM have been giving away RHCP tickets as well but I don't know if they were for the same gig.

ReputationRep:
    Free?

You couldn't pay me to go.

ReputationRep:
    I'm not confusing this with last night's "secret" gig (that's the one that people were calling R1 to get tickets for). Either the standard has made it up or there's another TOTP gig today from 5.30 first come, first served

(tired of repeating self now and wishing I'd never started the thread :eek: )

ReputationRep:
    I wouldn'y bother, they are absolutely rubbish live.

Good job James Brown supported them when I went to watch, as I got to see some decent singing that day.

Put me right off that band........

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Straas)
    I wouldn'y bother, they are absolutely rubbish live.

Good job James Brown supported them when I went to watch, as I got to see some decent singing that day.

Put me right off that band........
    Its all about personal taste, you don't like them, fair do's, but there are people that do :p:

Sounds like a good little gig, probably like someone said, something to do with their soon to be released new album, so they get publicity..

First ive heard about it today.. oh well..
    • Wiki Support Team

ReputationRep:
    Wiki Support Team
    Just go and wait... oh and hope!

ReputationRep:
    the saturday 1 (today) is porbably gona be recorded for totp on sunday.

rhcp are on totp on sunday, dno if its live?

did any 1 see em on jonathan ross last night?

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 15, 2006
Poll
Do you agree with the proposed ban on plastic straws and cotton buds?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.