Hey there! Sign in to join this conversationNew here? Join for free
x Turn on thread page Beta

Mean Fiddler announces dramatic shake-up of Reading/Leeds line-up! (Joke thread) watch

ReputationRep:
    http://img112.imageshack.us/img112/9...ding1340fk.jpg

Now I spent far too long making that. Back to revision...

Hehehe, you really did put a lot of effort into that. :p: Very good. If only the lineup could be a little more like that... mmm, Rammstein and Massive Attack on the same night.

Fantastic.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by n u c l e a r b u d d h a)
    Hehehe, you really did put a lot of effort into that. :p: Very good. If only the lineup could be a little more like that... mmm, Rammstein and Massive Attack on the same night.

Fantastic.
    I wasn't sure whether to play Massive Attack higher on the list, but it was a case of the other bands being so awesome as well. Perhaps Rancid should have headlined the Lock-up stage, but then there wouldn't be the evening of Massive Attack, Rammstein, Rancid and then Tool...and Rancid would have clashed with the Rolling Stones on Saturday, and I'd like to see both!

Ah, you raise a good point there... clashes. :p: Hopefully Arcade Fire would be on at the same time as Bon Jovi because I'm not bothered about them. Ahhh, look at that part with NOFX and then The Prodigy straight afterwards...

Har, I'm going to start talking about this as if it were a real lineup soon. Just that first night is enough to make you cry. :p:

ReputationRep:
    .... that line-up's better than the real Download one. Mmm Rammstein and Machine Head.

Almost too much goodness all in one place.

ReputationRep:
    Haha, I like your line-up just for the fact you have NOFX, Rancid and Motorhead in it...Although NOFX last year at Reading, only time I've seen them live, didn't particularly like them, anyone agree?

I wasn't there but I have seen them live on TV before (on P-Rock, maybe?) and I remember them being really good. Perhaps they were having a bad day when you saw them.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkskamonkey)
    Haha, I like your line-up just for the fact you have NOFX, Rancid and Motorhead in it...Although NOFX last year at Reading, only time I've seen them live, didn't particularly like them, anyone agree?
    I heard their performance at Reading down the phone, and they sounded pretty good although I wasn't actually there on the day so I didn't really know what was going on. Also, there was a threat the NOFX would have to pull out of Reading because at that time because Mike's mum was very ill - so maybe he wasn't on full form because of this. However, I can assure you that NOFX will be playing on top form, and will play Bob. He spent fifteen years, getting loaded, fifteen years til his liver exploded...

ReputationRep:
    The lineup wasn't great at 1st, that little effort made it a lot worse

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by punkskamonkey)
    just realiased i am seeing moterhead (cant do the funky accent type thing) when they support foo fighters in june

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    The lineup wasn't great at 1st, that little effort made it a lot worse
    So come on then, serious narb. Who would you add? Backstreet boys?

ReputationRep:
    Godsmack...a band with a name that sounds like they are some sort of comic creation for a spoof rockumentary but no such luck. And the Rolling Stones would mean you would be battling at the front of the crowd with 50+ stockbrokers from the Home Counties who hope that being near Mick Jagger will give them back their 'yoof'. But you deserve some serious serious kudos for such an inventive revision avoidance technique, bravo!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by τequιıasunrıse)
    no

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by τequιıasunrıse)
    Forget backstreet boys... id add 5ive if they were still around :p:

Very nice indeed.. :yy:

ReputationRep:
    I did one a while back with my ideal line-up on it...was fun in a very geeky way.

ReputationRep:
    friday i would have rammstein headlining, think of the pyrotechnics in the dark (ooooooooo fire)

and i would swap anthrax with bon jovi , that would make sunday complete

have bon jovi second to the rolling stones, anthrax headlining the sunday

only other change possibly would be godsmack for system of a down

Sunday

Anthrax
    System of a down
    Machine head
    Motorhead
    dragonforce
    opeth

ReputationRep:
    My ideal line-up:

Friday
    Nine Inch Nails
    The Who
    ...And You Will Know Us by the Trail of Dead
    Daft Punk
    Primal Scream
    Queens of the Stone Age
    Dizzee Rascal
    Godspeed You! Black Emperor
    Roots Manuva
    Pendulum (live)
    Ghostface Killah

Saturday
    Audioslave (if only for the RATM tracks)
    Sigur Rós
    Aphex Twin
    Manic Street Preachers
    The Streets
    Kraftwerk
    Placebo
    Mogwai
    Ray Davies
    Freestylers
    Death From Above 1979

Sunday
    The Prodigy
    Public Enemy
    Tool
    DJ Shadow
    The Chemical Brothers
    Massive Attack
    Audio Bullys
    Rammstein
    New Order
    A Perfect Circle
    Venetian Snares

Urghhh that would be insanely good.

ReputationRep:
    How did I miss off Black Emperor and Pendulum!?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by serious narb)
    no
    k.

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: April 16, 2006
Poll
Are you going to a festival?
Useful resources

Articles:

TSR wiki music section

Quick link:

Unanswered music threads

Groups associated with this forum:

View associated groups

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.