Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    Yeah so I've become really interested in law, and want to experience it first hand, and was basically wondering if there are any ways to be picked to be on the jury?

ReputationRep:
    Luck. It's down to chance whether you're selected.

You can, however, sit in and watch court any time you want. With a few exceptions, any adult can watch proceedings in the Magistrates courts or Crown Court.

Posted from TSR Mobile

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phil1093)
    Yeah so I've become really interested in law, and want to experience it first hand, and was basically wondering if there are any ways to be picked to be on the jury?
    I am exactly the same, I asked my mother (a lawyer) and she said I cannot, as you are chosen for jury service. As said before, you can just sit in court if your an adult. I will have to wait a couple of years then!
    • Welcome Squad

ReputationRep:
    Welcome Squad
    The whole thing is luck... Otherwise the case could be influenced by people who suddenly wanted to be on the jury for a specific trial.

ReputationRep:
    Thanks guys. I thought it might be luck, just wanted to confirm.. and yeah the sitting in thing I've done before, but the case was just sooo dull, ill try again tho

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by phil1093)
    Thanks guys. I thought it might be luck, just wanted to confirm.. and yeah the sitting in thing I've done before, but the case was just sooo dull, ill try again tho
    go to a crown court

when i went i saw a guy arguing that it was not his hand who dropped the bag containg a gun lol

and another about a elderly couple getting 6 months

and some guy hearing his sentence

Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.