Turn on thread page Beta

I'm the only one in my flat who hasn't had sex watch

Anyway I recently moved to Uni and into halls. The people who I'm living with either have boyfriends or have casual sex on a regular basis. Even the girl who is quiet intelligent and probably seems the least likely to do this stuff recently told me she came home with a guy the other night. I feel really left out because they're all my age (19) and I haven't had sex yet. Not even once. I feel really ashamed.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Anonymous)
    Anyway I recently moved to Uni and into halls. The people who I'm living with either have boyfriends or have casual sex on a regular basis. Even the girl who is quiet intelligent and probably seems the least likely to do this stuff recently told me she came home with a guy the other night. I feel really left out because they're all my age (19) and I haven't had sex yet. Not even once. I feel really ashamed.
    don't be, its stupid to be ashamed it happens when it happens
    i don't know who you flatmates are but you might have accidentally ended up in the flat full of sluts who did it when they were 14 haha (thats a joke they are probly lovely) but you know what i mean it doesnt matter just forget about being ashamed and all

ReputationRep:
    Nothing to be ashamed of at all, its your virginity to lose whenever you're comfortable with doing so.

ReputationRep:
    There's nothing to be ashamed of, if they treat you differently or think any less of you then they are just asses you don't want to be associated with anyway
    But seriously, it's your body to do with what you want, and only have sex when you think you're ready, not because you feel you need to to fit in

ReputationRep:
    OP, don't worry, you are not the only one. I am the only one in my flat who has not had sex yet.

And don't be ashamed!

ReputationRep:
    If it bothers you so much, go out n get laid? I get the impression that you're a girl, so it shouldn't be too hard for you.

(Original post by rcummins1)
    If it bothers you so much, go out n get laid? I get the impression that you're a girl, so it shouldn't be too hard for you.
    It's hard when you're ugly, or the guys who you like, obviously like your (very easy) friend more.
    Sorry, I sound bitter but I can't help it

ReputationRep:
    It's hard when you're ugly, or the guys who you like, obviously like your (very easy) friend more.
    Make yourself easier? If you're on a night out, make it obvious early on to a guy you wanna sleep with him. If he know's he's guaranteed sex that evening, he's unlikely to try and find someone else.

ReputationRep:
    Please try and avoid doing that. You're not ugly no one is ugly, you can have a mashed up nose or a massive 'deformity' on your face or heck a face and body covered in acne like I do but you are not ugly as long as you've got a positive personality.

Don't feel pressured into loosing it right now cos your flat mates have wait for someone, it doesn't necessarily have to be a boyfriend but someone you trust to loose it to like a really good friend and not a random boy from a student night out for starters you never know where he's been (I know a boy at my uni who hasn't once used a condom and he's been with more than 10 girls so far) but if you trust and know they're clean it'll be better for your health as well as your mind

Submit reply
Turn on thread page Beta
TSR Support Team

We have a brilliant team of more than 60 Support Team members looking after discussions on The Student Room, helping to make it a fun, safe and useful place to hang out.

Updated: October 14, 2012
Poll
Who is most responsible for your success at university

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.