Will Guild Wars play on this laptop? Watch

John18_
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Hi, i'm considering buying guild wars, but i'm not sure whether it will play on my laptop. Any help will be appreciated.

Dell Inspiron 1200
Specs:
Intel Celeron M
1.30 GHz processor
256 MB RAM
About 5GB free space
XP (SP 2, blah)

I'm willing to upgrade the RAM if neccessary.

My main concern is the oboard graphics though, which I know nothing about:
Intel Graphics Media Accelerator 900
It is supposed to be a huge improvement on what Dell used to use, but i'm still not entirely sure whether it will play Guild Wars, and the guy in the computer shop had no idea about it's ability.

Tom
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I don't think so. I have an elderly laptop with integrated graphics which used to just about run it on lowest quality settings. However, yours is even worse :p:. So i imagine it would really struggle. Particularly if the onboard graphics are having to share that 256 of ram, which isn't really enough in the first place. I don't know about your graphics card specifically, though, so don't just take my word for it, but i don't think you'll be able to play GW.
John18_
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 13 years ago
Cheers Tom.

Anyone know anything about this graphics card then?

I found loads of info about it here, but being as useless as I am with computers, none of it really means much to me :p: :
http://www.xbitlabs.com/articles/chi...lay/i915g.html
Swinely
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
You definitely need more RAM, minimum 512mb rec. for XP, especially as that graphics card is integrated so it will use your RAM, so even more might be advisable 756mb if you can afford it.
edit: Actually im not sure that gfx card is capable even with the extra ram.... im sure someone else will know though.
Baron
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 13 years ago
I would have to say no.

The onboard graphics card is the problem. Integrated cards usually perform poorly for games. RAM is easy to upgrade but the graphics card would probably be very difficult to upgrade on a laptop.

Even though you say 256 MB RAM, onboard cards like this eat a chunk of the RAM like swiney said, so you unfortuantely don't even have 256 MB of useable RAM. More likely 224 MB with 32 MB for the graphics (right click My computer > properties to find out.)
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you ever signed up for an open day and then not gone to it?

Yes (89)
50%
No (89)
50%

Watched Threads