The Student Room Group

AQA Religious Studies: RSS01 Religion and Ethics

Scroll to see replies

Original post by edgarcats
I wasn't sure if the examiner wanted me to criticise each principle or just explain them...added to the fact that I find most of them confusing and we were never taught them in class properly...I'm hoping I managed to do well enough but I wish it had been a 15 marker rather than a 30. :frown:

What i did i wrote the principle then related it to an example. so 'the ruling norm of christian decision is love' i said the christian rule is to do most loving thing, therefore Jewish law isn't important as Jesus modified it to make it more loving [insert the Sabbath day example] shows that even thought Jesus was a Jew at the time, he still believed love was the highest and most important law.
Reply 41
Original post by IC3DOutStunn4
Did anyone do the 30mark question on design and if so how much did you write for it?

Posted from TSR Mobile

i made the worst and biggest mistake in life on that question... its the one thing in the whole specification that i forgot to revise properly and its the thing that came up... funny thing is, when i came back home i looked on the floor in my bedroom and my revision notes that i had made earlier on in the year for that topic were staring at me right in the face... i felt like crying, if only the question was Paley's argument or Swinburne's argument!
Reply 42
Original post by mazza4eva
What i did i wrote the principle then related it to an example. so 'the ruling norm of christian decision is love' i said the christian rule is to do most loving thing, therefore Jewish law isn't important as Jesus modified it to make it more loving [insert the Sabbath day example] shows that even thought Jesus was a Jew at the time, he still believed love was the highest and most important law.

i started off by introducing situation ethics and then talked about the strength and weakness and then linked in the 4 principles with some examples but i thought that was a stupid question for 30 marks
i introduced situation ethics but didn't talk about strenths and weakness. what did you do for the second part to the question?
Original post by suweylim
i started off by introducing situation ethics and then talked about the strength and weakness and then linked in the 4 principles with some examples but i thought that was a stupid question for 30 marks
i made the worst and biggest mistake in life on that question... its the one thing in the whole specification that i forgot to revise properly and its the thing that came up... funny thing is, when i came back home i looked on the floor in my bedroom and my revision notes that i had made earlier on in the year for that topic were staring at me right in the face... i felt like crying, if only the question was Paley's argument or Swinburne's argument!

I only wrote a page, usually they ask for two design arguments
there are two questions for situation ethics
What i did i wrote the principle then related it to an example. so 'the ruling norm of christian decision is love' i said the christian rule is to do most loving thing, therefore Jewish law isn't important as Jesus modified it to make it more loving [insert the Sabbath day example] shows that even the Jesus was a Jew at the time, still believed love at highest law.

I used that Jesus example too. I also remember writing sacrificial adultery as an example for one of the principles, but I don't think I did examples for all principles. I definitely didn't do an introduction to Situation Ethics either, an error in hindsight.
Reply 47
Original post by IC3DOutStunn4
I only wrote a page, usually they ask for two design arguments

yeah i was expecting a question on paley's deign argument
Reply 48
i introduced situation ethics but didn't talk about strenths and weakness. what did you do for the second part to the question?

the second part?
the 15 marker one?
when it said on part 2 of the question... how far do you agree.. what did it mean? did it mean to just agree and not counteract the question? a bit confused
Reply 50
when it said on part 2 of the question... how far do you agree.. what did it mean? did it mean to just agree and not counteract the question? a bit confused

so you state whethere you agree or not and then include arguments backed by philosophers... these types of questions are mainly opinion based but that opinion has to be based on ideas from philosophers

so for that one i said that i didnt think the sit ethics was a good basis for christians to use and then my arguments to support my opinion were based on the idea that sit ethics is a bit of a contradiction from a religious point of view and also tht its based on teachings from the new testament and foe people that follow the old testament then there would be some issues but im really not sure on the latter argument if it makes sense i think it does but im not sure and also for this question there was a philosopher who criticised sit ethics from a chrsitian point of view but i completely forgot who he was and what he said
Reply 51
does any one think that the exam board will do resits in the summer if you call them up
For the question on Psychology of religion where it asked how far do we agree with "Freud's argument is the strongest challenge to religion". I wrote about how it was because it directly challenges religion as it said God is an illusion whereas Jung said He was real but just in the mind blah blah blah... BUT my friends wrote about strengths and weaknesses of Freud and Jung😁 which one do you think is the right approach???

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by edgarcats
I wasn't sure if the examiner wanted me to criticise each principle or just explain them...added to the fact that I find most of them confusing and we were never taught them in class properly...I'm hoping I managed to do well enough but I wish it had been a 15 marker rather than a 30. :frown:

As it was an AO1 (30 mark question) then you probably should have avoided criticising as those questions are all about knowledge of theory and scholarly opinion. AO2 (15 mark questions) are where critique and evaluation come into play.

does any one think that the exam board will do resits in the summer if you call them up

Definitely not.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending