Turn on thread page Beta

I HATE serving customers!! watch

Announcements

ReputationRep:
    Ive just got in from a evil day at work. It would be a nice job if customers werent so stupid!! I work in a city library btw, the lack of common sense people have amazes me.

The people who come in are mostly aged 50 + or 10 and below! Both are annoying. I say *are you returning these books?*- they say *No i am bringing them back!!* DUH!! It happens so often you wouldnt believe it. And when i am the only one serving on a counter why do people queue at the one over the other side where they can obviously see that no one is serving!

Does anyone else have to cope with morons at work?! Is it just me living in a place where 9 out of 10 people are thick! Walking in at 4:29 and 59 second when we shut at 4:30. And we cant turn them away, its social inclusion gone mad.

SOrry for the rant, feel free to join in! Rep for good ones!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    Ive just got in from a evil day at work. It would be a nice job if customers werent so stupid!! I work in a city library btw, the lack of common sense people have amazes me.

The people who come in are mostly aged 50 + or 10 and below! Both are annoying. I say *are you returning these books?*- they say *No i am bringing them back!!* DUH!! It happens so often you wouldnt believe it. And when i am the only one serving on a counter why do people queue at the one over the other side where they can obviously see that no one is serving!

Does anyone else have to cope with morons at work?! Is it just me living in a place where 9 out of 10 people are thick! Walking in at 4:29 and 59 second when we shut at 4:30. And we cant turn them away, its social inclusion gone mad.

theres ur luck

ReputationRep:
    Yes, I find that as well. They always ask me where the eggs are, I say halfway down the isle look to your right, which obviously came out as "walk to the end of the isle, turn left, and make me have to run after you to tell you you already walked past them". Happens EVERY time!

But I make a few mistakes as well, like when I'm not thinking I ask people with £25 of shopping if they'd like a bag, as if there was any possibility of them carrying all that home in their pockets.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by mik1a)
    But I make a few mistakes as well, like when I'm not thinking I ask people with £25 of shopping if they'd like a bag, as if there was any possibility of them carrying all that home in their pockets.
    yeha it happens if youve had a long day, its impossible to give everyone your full attention all the time. I hate it when people **** off their other halves, like when they order / collect books loads say oh its for my wife/hubby/bf, hes such a **** and cant come himself. It dont impress me at all!

ReputationRep:
    I work in a supermarket so I know exactly how you feel! There's this woman who always comes in and asks for 20 dorchester so I pick them up and then she goes "no the blue ones". So why doesnt she just say Dorchester smooth?! And I've lost count of people who walk straight past the milk and then ask me where it is!

ReputationRep:
    when people ask for cakes off the counter, some of them just point at a few cakes then just stand there. i cant see what they're pointing at coz the shelves are in the way. so i have to ask them, so they point again. grr.

when i do find out what they want i squeeze all the cream out into the box hehe

ReputationRep:

lol there are stupid people

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Gimp)
    when i do find out what they want i squeeze all the cream out into the box hehe
    Hehe!!!!

I hate rude kids too. When i was little i was scared by the libraray and people working there so i was always dead polite and quiet, now kids just run riot and cant even string a sentence together. They just dump their books and grunt!!

Geez i sound like my grandma!!

ReputationRep:
    what really annoys me is i work in a club that charges for water...and every shift you get a smart arse who knows this and goes on a rant about it being illegal {which its not...before anyone here starts}.

WHY???

if you know we're charging, why ask me for one that you dont intend to pay for.

and no i dont think its right, but im not getting sacked just because you want to go on a rant.

last night i had a guy really lay into me...on the "my dads a lawer(sp?) "

im sure they do it just to give me a hard time.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    what really annoys me is i work in a club that charges for water...and every shift you get a smart arse who knows this and goes on a rant about it being illegal {which its not...before anyone here starts}.

WHY???

and no i dont think its right, but im not getting sacked just because you want to go on a rant.

please un ban me

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)

WHY???

AS in charging for tap water? You have every right "desani" / coke have done it! But that aside, where you work pays for water rates and maintainence of pipes taps etc, you have to serve him which you need wages for, the glass has to be washed and dishwashers need powder so it all adds up.!! lol!!!

I bet pissed up punters can get really annoying sometimes. I get annoyed when im in a club and drunk people try and get served without knowing / forgetting what they want. when they get challenged for being drunk it just turns out messy

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by MOFOS 3)
    please un ban me
    what?

ReputationRep:
    On a SUnday in boots there were only two of us on the till. The other woman was serving leaving me to deal with prescriptions. Noone was there so i was putting otu stock. I saw an old lady walking to the prescription bit so i smiled at her and walked to my station (so to speak). Just then a 30-yo man zoomed right in and arrived at the same time as the old lady. I had acknowledged the old lady first so served her and he shouted at the top of his voice "DONT WE QUEUE IN THIS PLACE" . The other assistant had just finished and said "Can I help?" and he said "NO IM NOT going to ever bring my custom back, you have no manners." Then he started shouting at me personally and then he started telling all the other customers what a b*tch I was. I started to cry (woudln't you?) and the old lady hugged me and the other assistant said she noticed what had happened and that he was just a *******.

It was a horrible experience.

And librarians. GRR! Yesterday I took my books back to the fac library and the woman said "these books have a lot of srcibbles" and i said that I hadn't done them and I have never had they checked when I've taken books out or returned them. She kept giving me a suspicious look and in the end I said "I don not have time to erase every marking done by someone else in 6 books in case I am falsely suspected/accused of marking them". She went all quiet. I then asked her what i should do in future and said that they should either have a systme of checking or not.

I'm always innocent and always persecuted.

AAAAARAGH!

ReputationRep:
    i work in a restaurant thats stops serving food at 10 pm (unfortunately that isnt a joke) and i hate it when ppl walk in at 5 to 10 and want to eat... GO AWAY!! so we have to work for an extra 45 minutes serving the greedy pigs and then do the closedown which can take ages.
    another thing that pisses me off is when ppl complain about their food without a genuine reason, fair enough if the food isnt up to scratch thats fine, but some people are like "that was disgusting, im not paying for it" and im like "Oh well if it was so ****ing disgusting why eat every last bit on the plate" tho obv i cant say that. it makes me soooooo MAD. some ppl are just scammers, seeing how much free stuff they can get, im all for trying to sort out geniune complaints but i will not be taken the piss out of. grr, not looking forward to my 12hr shift tomorrow now ive remembered what ********s lie in wait for me.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    On a SUnday in boots there were only two of us on the till. The other woman was serving leaving me to deal with prescriptions. Noone was there so i was putting otu stock. I saw an old lady walking to the prescription bit so i smiled at her and walked to my station (so to speak). Just then a 30-yo man zoomed right in and arrived at the same time as the old lady. I had acknowledged the old lady first so served her and he shouted at the top of his voice "DONT WE QUEUE IN THIS PLACE" . The other assistant had just finished and said "Can I help?" and he said "NO IM NOT going to ever bring my custom back, you have no manners." Then he started shouting at me personally and then he started telling all the other customers what a b*tch I was. I started to cry (woudln't you?) and the old lady hugged me and the other assistant said she noticed what had happened and that he was just a *******.

It was a horrible experience.

And librarians. GRR! Yesterday I took my books back to the fac library and the woman said "these books have a lot of srcibbles" and i said that I hadn't done them and I have never had they checked when I've taken books out or returned them. She kept giving me a suspicious look and in the end I said "I don not have time to erase every marking done by someone else in 6 books in case I am falsely suspected/accused of marking them". She went all quiet. I then asked her what i should do in future and said that they should either have a systme of checking or not.

I'm always innocent and always persecuted.

AAAAARAGH!

I dont do nasty thing like that do they really check through to see if you have scribbled? Tragic.

People do the queue thing at the library too. People sometimes queue from both directions and you never know who to serve first. They are really bloody stupid!!

Good job that the **** in boots isnt going to bring his custom back, like you need it! Like you care!!!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by blissy)
    I started to cry (woudln't you?) and the old lady hugged me and the other assistant said she noticed what had happened and that he was just a *******.
    nah i wouldve hit him.

ReputationRep:
    what?
    one of the mods banned me for no reason
    now there not even gonna let me off

ReputationRep:
    <sobs quietly as the experience is re-lived>

ReputationRep:

Do you have any books, if so what books do you have?
    Do you work here?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    i work in a restaurant thats stops serving food at 10 pm (unfortunately that isnt a joke) and i hate it when ppl walk in at 5 to 10 and want to eat... GO AWAY!! so we have to work for an extra 45 minutes serving the greedy pigs and then do the closedown which can take ages.
    another thing that pisses me off is when ppl complain about their food without a genuine reason, fair enough if the food isnt up to scratch thats fine, but some people are like "that was disgusting, im not paying for it" and im like "Oh well if it was so ****ing disgusting why eat every last bit on the plate" tho obv i cant say that. it makes me soooooo MAD. some ppl are just scammers, seeing how much free stuff they can get, im all for trying to sort out geniune complaints but i will not be taken the piss out of. grr, not looking forward to my 12hr shift tomorrow now ive remembered what ********s lie in wait for me.
    I used to work at macdonalds which can be one of the worst jobs in the world. They always try and operate with the minimum of staff to save money, there you do get more than your fair share of ********s. People used to come through the drive thru at 1100 when we shutm so we would agree to serve that one car, them a few more followed, then since people saw people still in DT decide to join the queue too.

AT least we got paid until we clocked out there, so you get paid by the minute, unlike at the library, where you dont get more when people take 15 mins to leave. *******S!

Poll
Do you think parents should charge rent?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.