Turn on thread page Beta

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by ickle_katy)
    what really annoys me is i work in a club that charges for water...and every shift you get a smart arse who knows this and goes on a rant about it being illegal {which its not...before anyone here starts}.

WHY???

if you know we're charging, why ask me for one that you dont intend to pay for.

and no i dont think its right, but im not getting sacked just because you want to go on a rant.

last night i had a guy really lay into me...on the "my dads a lawer(sp?) "

im sure they do it just to give me a hard time.
    if any guys r givin u hassle princess let me now and i'll sort them out.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Bhaal85)
    Do you have any books, if so what books do you have?
    Do you work here?
    Lol. You may joke it happens!!!

They walk up to the desk..." im looking for a book"....(* err no ****!!!) then 5 mins later remeber what its called!

ReputationRep:
    I managed to get a job with little interaction with the public It was in a hospital though and I was underground in the stores most of the time. We did have a sightly scary experience when a patient from the secure psychiatric unit came down to ask us where the loo's were!

ReputationRep:
    I deliver leaflets as my second part job (however I am not doing it at the moment as I don't have enough time) you have to deleiver loads of leaflets in strange areas in all weathers) the job can be interesting but conditions and pay were awful.

I had to deal with loads of aquade old ladies "are you a student? I don't want your rubbish go away" etc.

My new job isn't too bad, the office has no window which is a major disadvantage but my bossses are nice and the pay is good so I don't mind.

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by jammyd)
    I managed to get a job with little interaction with the public It was in a hospital though and I was underground in the stores most of the time. We did have a sightly scary experience when a patient from the secure psychiatric unit came down to ask us where the loo's were!
    aargh

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Ladyluck)
    Lol. You may joke it happens!!!

They walk up to the desk..." im looking for a book"....(* err no ****!!!) then 5 mins later remeber what its called!
    yeah ppl come up to me and say "have you go a table?"
    DUR only about 50 thats why we're a restaurant

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by poowpoow)
    yeah ppl come up to me and say "have you go a table?"
    DUR only about 50 thats why we're a restaurant
    That's harsh. If they swanned in and sat down and all the tables had been BOOKED you'd complain as well!

ReputationRep:
    I used to work in a pub in the center of town that also had a restraunt area. When not dealing with pissed idiots behind the bar in the evening I had to wait on tables during the day. Im not even gona start ranting on about how rude/annoying some customers are when it comes to food. I've worked in retail and customers are annoying enough. But catering customers are hell! Ooo and to top it off I had to pay for any walk outs if i had any in my area. It's not easy to keep an eye on all 13 tables in your area on a busy saturday afternoon when all of them are open at the same time...

I urge anyone thinking of working for a wizzard inns pub not too!

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by Moog)
    I used to work in a pub in the center of town that also had a restraunt area. When not dealing with pissed idiots behind the bar in the evening I had to wait on tables during the day. Im not even gona start ranting on about how rude/annoying some customers are when it comes to food. I've worked in retail and customers are annoying enough. But catering customers are hell! Ooo and to top it off I had to pay for any walk outs if i had any in my area. It's not easy to keep an eye on all 13 tables in your area on a busy saturday afternoon when all of them are open at the same time...

I urge anyone thinking of working for a wizzard inns pub not too!

Ypu had to pay for walk outs!! What if it can to like 50 quid!! It aint your fault!

I want to work at argos or somewhere where you can be upstairs and have to find stock to send down the chute, no pissy customers!!

ReputationRep:
    Ive just got in from a evil day at work. It would be a nice job if customers werent so stupid!! I work in a city library btw, the lack of common sense people have amazes me.

The people who come in are mostly aged 50 + or 10 and below! Both are annoying. I say *are you returning these books?*- they say *No i am bringing them back!!* DUH!! It happens so often you wouldnt believe it. And when i am the only one serving on a counter why do people queue at the one over the other side where they can obviously see that no one is serving!

Does anyone else have to cope with morons at work?! Is it just me living in a place where 9 out of 10 people are thick! Walking in at 4:29 and 59 second when we shut at 4:30. And we cant turn them away, its social inclusion gone mad.

SOrry for the rant, feel free to join in! Rep for good ones!
    old people also like tellling there life story

ReputationRep:
    Ypu had to pay for walk outs!! NO ****ING WAY!! What if it can to like 50 quid!! It aint your fault!

I want to work at argos or somewhere where you can be upstairs and have to find stock to send down the chute, no pissy customers!!
    im sure the boxes would annoy you in some way

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by eric bischoff)
    im sure the boxes would annoy you in some way
    No i love boxes, as long as they dont have faces and talk!

ReputationRep:
    Eric - one more post and its 5000!

ReputationRep:
    it might be a toy robot

my 5000th post

im now a ukl demigod (again)

ReputationRep:
    you really shouldnt invite me to rant coz i get annoyed quite easily and then can rant for ages!!

i work three days a week at sainsburys which was a stupid decision but ah well!! the customers are mostly friendly but also annoying. theres a silly man who always ALWAYS comes in with £20 in his hands and he ALWAYS grabs as much reduced stuff as he can and brings it all to MY till and then, because it ALWAYS goes over £20, he takes about 5 mins to decide what he'll take back and then realises he's got enough stupid nectar points to get it all anyway!! then, when ive finished and telling him the total, he asks for a phone voucher which he knows is in the kiosk so it takes me 5-10 minutes to get the attention of a supervisor and then 5-10 minutes for them to go to the kiosk and get the phone voucher!!! what a silly man!!

dont get me started on the supervisors!! i hardly ever get let off on time and even though i press the overtime button when i clock out, they always short-time me about 2 hours claiming that i havent worked my full hours-when i know i have!! ch!! dont work at sainsburys!!

ReputationRep:
    it might be a toy robot

my 5000th post

im now a ukl demigod (again)
    why again?

ReputationRep:
    why again?
    they changed the faq post counts so i never had demigod status

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deary_ma_leary)
    you really shouldnt invite me to rant coz i get annoyed quite easily and then can rant for ages!!

i work three days a week at sainsburys which was a stupid decision but ah well!! the customers are mostly friendly but also annoying. theres a silly man who always ALWAYS comes in with £20 in his hands and he ALWAYS grabs as much reduced stuff as he can and brings it all to MY till and then, because it ALWAYS goes over £20, he takes about 5 mins to decide what he'll take back and then realises he's got enough stupid nectar points to get it all anyway!! then, when ive finished and telling him the total, he asks for a phone voucher which he knows is in the kiosk so it takes me 5-10 minutes to get the attention of a supervisor and then 5-10 minutes for them to go to the kiosk and get the phone voucher!!! what a silly man!!

dont get me started on the supervisors!! i hardly ever get let off on time and even though i press the overtime button when i clock out, they always short-time me about 2 hours claiming that i havent worked my full hours-when i know i have!! ch!! dont work at sainsburys!!
    its dave.She makes up sic stories about her/his family which arent true.BEWARE we dont no what it is man woman or beast you decide?

ReputationRep:
    (Original post by deary_ma_leary)

its dave.She makes up sic stories about her/his family which arent true.BEWARE we dont no what it is man woman or beast you decide?

ReputationRep:
    eh?

Poll
Who do you think it's more helpful to talk about mental health with?
Useful resources

The Student Room, Get Revising and Marked by Teachers are trading names of The Student Room Group Ltd.

Register Number: 04666380 (England and Wales), VAT No. 806 8067 22 Registered Office: International House, Queens Road, Brighton, BN1 3XE

Write a reply...
Hide
Reputation gems: You get these gems as you gain rep from other members for making good contributions and giving helpful advice.