Headmaster arrested under honours act Watch

super_baros
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
Hey guys, what do you think about the recent news about this. Even if the government are offering honours in return for cash do you think that one man should be made an example of in what I think it an attack on the labour and conservative party?...I had never heard of the Scottish National Party until now and it seems to me they are deliberately doing this in light of recent events about loans to the government.
Please correct me on anything I may have said, my knowledge of politics is not exactly impressive.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk_politics/4906504.stm
dogtanian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
You've not heard of the SNP? They're quite big in Scotland. the highlands, at least.

If you're inferring a link to the BNP, it's not quite the same.

But of course they're cynically exploiting it to attack the government. It's what politicians do.

and let's face it, if the government are on the wrong on something, opposition parties should make it well known. Checks and balances, and all that.
super_baros
Badges: 0
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
No no.... I'm just saying its a bit harsh that these parties are attacking each other while there's a man in the middle who is being made an example of...
dogtanian
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I suppose it's considered newsworthy because teachers are supposed to be upstanding members of the community.

It seems to me that it's the media focussing on the fact that it's a teacher. The opposition parties are attacking the government. It wouldn't be in their interests to blast an individual while leaving the government to get off scot-free...
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Were you ever put in isolation at school?

Yes (157)
27.3%
No (418)
72.7%

Watched Threads